PG storage

hi
after greeting
I have 4L of PG I use 1L without any problem for mix ejuice ( always I make PG/VG 30/70 at 1mg nic )
now all my juice has bitter taste , flavors is good , but after vape for 10 min I feel bitter taste in my mouth , I try vape only VG on new wick , it is sweet and no bitter taste , then I vape only PG , the bottle of PG has strong smell and taste is crazy bitter , when I open new 1L PG bottle the smell not strong , so is my PG gone BAD ?! how can I storage PG , our country very hot maybe room temp. is 37 when I go out home … can I storage it in freezer ?! like PG Nicotine ?!

please advice me ! my last 500ml diy juice is very bitter but flavor good while vaping …

Update : 20/09/2017

now I know what is my problem , I dont like to add Artificial sugar in my life , when I started on Vape before 8 month , always I try to avoid sweetener on ejuice like in my coffee , food and juice .
but now I know it is the reason , now I am using sweetener ( TPA ) on 0.75% or 1% , no any bitter taste .
thanks for all and sorry for disturb …

thanks …

1 Like

From your post it is unclear if you have Nicotine in your PG or not…
If you have Nicotine in it it can be that the nicotine has gone bad on you.

3 Likes

but I try only PG without nicotine , on new cotton and I got bitter taste and very bitter

1 Like

when I vape only VG ( without Nicotine ) no bitter taste …

1 Like

In that case there is something wrong with your PG and i would not use that bottle anymore.
Try the other bottles you have to see if they are the same. If they are i would perhaps talk to the vendor you got it from and complain and try to make them send new bottles to you or get a refund.

4 Likes

VG from same vendor but it is excellent , so why PG gone bad , it was perfect .
:frowning:

1 Like

Have a look at this reddit post https://www.reddit.com/r/DIY_eJuice/comments/4insxy/storage_how_to_nicotine_flavors_propylene_glycol/

2 Likes

That i can’t answer.
My advice is still to talk to the vendor.

2 Likes

By the way, if people talk about “room temperature”, they don’t mean the temperature of your room. It’s supposed to be somewhere between 20-25°C.

2 Likes

yes it is right , and my room temp. sometime 35-40°C. if I am out of home and not use ac in room.
so is it reason of PG bad ??

2 Likes

I’m not a chemist, but I can only assume temperature has something to do with it. If I were you, I’d store everything in a fridge with those temperatures.
However, I’m not familiar with a bitter taste. It could as well be a contamination.

Your flavors are usually PG based as well. Storing them in a fridge usually isn’t a good idea, but I don’t think that those high temperatures will be good for them either. If installing airconditioning is inconvenient or too expensive, you might benefit from a cooled wine rack? e.g. http://www.wineenthusiast.com/storage/

2 Likes

that would be 68 - 73 degrees Fahrenheit for those of us that live in the states

3 Likes

both pg and vg should odorless (no smells)…

1. you haven’t metioned what pg you’have metioned (someone else might have tried the same and have any notes to tell you about…
  2. make sure your coil is properly wicked and the wick is clean… (not just new… but your hands are completely clean when you’re putting it inside the coil)
  1. make sure the RBA/RTA/RDA/RDTA you’re using is cleaned well too… (older flavors etc… from times to times leave garbage and they might change the flavor/smell)
  2. i store my nic/vg/pg in my closet in temperature room as you can see… never had the slightest problem… i can’t think anything else to suggest or warn in general… if someone else has something to suggest even better )

gl and hf :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My VG and PG from Blue star E liquid

1 Like

is humidity will effect VG , PG in wine rack ?

1 Like

this is horrible and incorrect advise to give , myself and many others including manufacturers of flavors would argue this statement

6 Likes

I agree with you

4 Likes

As long as your bottles are airtight it won’t be a problem. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You may have developed an allergy to PG. I am very sensitive to it and can’t use it anymore.

4 Likes

so you’d say the good advice is to store flavors in a fridge?
I’ve always heard they should be kept at room temp, the cold will increase formation of crystals and separate the ingredients.

3 Likes