PG/VG Dispensers - Any Recommendations?

When I first started DIY I used syringes. Then when I went to mixing by weight I started using clear bottles with spouts similar to the kind you would find at a restaurant for ketchup and mustard. Problem is the ones I have can leak a bit where the cap screws on. I would love some kind of pump type dispenser for my PG and VG, especially if it would accommodate a gallon.

Any suggestions?

I wonder if one of the pumps they sell at Sally’s or something like that would fit on the gallon bottles you have?

I use 8 oz bottles with screw down tops but they can sometimes get a little dribble here and there, too.

1 Like

I too use 8oz bottles but sure wish I could find 500ml bottles with a acceptable spout, shaped sorta like the boston rounds, and affordable. I’m filling up those 8oz bottles with VG 2-5 times a sitting. Guess that will stop fairly soon though (August 8). Still will have to do some blending though so I would still like to find those 500ml bottles. Pump, actually that would be nice…

1 Like

JoJo, those would certainly work I’m sure. Problem is the plunger and spout are one piece, so you’d either have to be gifted with your aim or otherwise move your bottle, vial or flask up and down while pumping.

Here’s one I found that is more along the lines of what I’m talking about. I just ain’t feeling the price :slight_smile: Still, it would make a SUHWEEET addition to a DIY lab! Crap…father’s day has come and gone.

1 Like

what about Amoretti ? They sell the gold pumps for their liquid flavored syrups would that work ?

1 Like

I went to a resturant supply shop locally and bought the nicer ones for cheap. I had to buy a pack of 6, but after washing and drying they have worked great.

The ones I found at Walmart and a few other places kept smelling like plastic.

1 Like

I just looked at them Amy. They have that design of plunger/spout being one piece. I can just see myself squirting VG all over my desk because I missed the hole :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

LOL giggle I understand :wink:

1 Like

I wonder if you could modify something like a spray bottle trigger or pump type thing with a piece of plastic tubing that would fit down in the bottle. Kinda like they have for those big bug spray bottles.

1 Like

I know you’re looking for a pump, but I’ve been using these bottles for 8 or 9 months now and haven’t had any leaks. They’re made really well as far as plastic bottles go, and they’re cheap.

3 Likes

Thanks for the link. That’s actually very close to what I’m using now.

check a restaurant supply store for a set of plunger pumps that will screw on to your gallon jugs of PG and VG.

https://www.restaurantsupply.com/tablecraft-66289
like this

Sorry for the lousy pic it’s what was on their website’

3 Likes

I have these coming. Should be here by Wednesday at the latest. I’ll let you know how they work out.

2 Likes

Amazon has them too. here’s a better pic I hope
https://www.amazon.com/DISPENSER-GALLON-SYRUP-NUTRIENT-LOTION/dp/B01DH1IU4Q/ref=sr_1_17?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1467997447&sr=8-17&keywords=gallon+jugs+with+pump+tops

1 Like

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Great Minds think alike. See previous post. :wink:

2 Likes

Make sure you get the right one to fit your jug I don’t think NR jugs are the standard size like a bottle of mustard or lotion designed to be used with these pumps or at least have a jug you can screw it on to to transfer it into.

2 Likes

My co-worker is addicted to Milkman and buys the big 6oz bottles with the twist tops. When he’s done with 'em, he hands them over and I wash them out and use them with Nic, PG, VG and any large amounts of flavorings that I have around. They never leak.

I measure with ml and make 100ml batches. So i can just pour straight into the graduated cylinder. But if i was gona start using weights I’d just re-use a ketchup bottle. Exp the Heinz ones that have the rubber stoper thing. Also glass hot sauce bottles work great for nic storage.

And you wonder why your nic tatstes peppery. rotflmao

4 Likes

I have a whole set of those things that I never used. Since I’ve moved from 30ml to 150ml batches I probably should. Wonder where those things are…