Pg Vg Nic Storage

Hi, hope everyone is keeping well, bit of a stupid question, my pg,vg and nic turned up today but I didn’t think about nozzles for the bottles, should I just pour some of each in to smaller bottles then refill them as needed, more worried about spilling my precious Nic more then anything lol

6 Likes

That is what i do. With the nic i pour it in to 120ml glass bottles then shrink wrap, place in a ziplock and pop it in the freezer. I wrap it in case there is breakage. When it is time for a new bottle of nic i transfer it from glass to 120ml PET bottles and store it in the fridge.

PG i just keep in a cold dark place, same as VG.

PS: If when transferring you get any on your skin stop what you are doing and clean it immediately. Make sure you use rubber gloves. Getting nic sick SUCKS!

8 Likes

Thank you, currently have my Nic in my Fridge, think I’ll need to order some extra bottles and maybe get a few Funnels for transferring them over

4 Likes

Thanks, I bought 10 pairs of gloves at the same time as ordering my Nic just to make sure

4 Likes

That’s what I do. Make a paper funnel. Foil works to.

4 Likes

Thanks I never thought of that haha, got 15 ordered now for tomorrow

5 Likes

Nobody uses argon gas to prevent their nic oxidizing?

3 Likes

I used to but i have a bottle of 11 year old nic in the freezer that i take and out test every once in awhile, it is still clearish, titrates the same and tastes the same so i stopped using inert gasses.

6 Likes

Thanks for bumping this @Ken_O_Where, somehow I missed it.

@DaveR1 I top of ALL of my deep storage NIC with Argon, to aid in reducing as much oxidation as I can. These are big bottles, with about 1" of headspace, and left untouched for long periods in Med. grade freezers @ -35F. How much of a difference does it make ? Who knows. I’ve got soo much invested, a few cans of Argon was cheap in comparison.

@Ken_O_Where

You’ve got 11+ year old NIC that titrates at or about the same level as new ? What temp you keeping it at ? I think my oldest MIGHT be 7-8 year old NIC Armor NIC. Gotta check the date stamp, and extract some and see how IT fares.

3 Likes