PG/VG ratio at bottom of recipes

Question: On the PG/VG ratio at the bottom of each recipe, some say 30pg/70vg and not 70pg/30g , I know the numbers will vary somewhat but wouldn’t 30pg/70vg affect the taste alot. Asking for a friend :joy:

3 Likes

One of the more important things to learn to pay attention to (for a user that’s new to the calculator).

This can often give you an idea of what hardware they are using when they developed their recipe (mtl or dl), as well as suggestions as to how you may need to adjust a recipe for your particular needs or preferences.

3 Likes

Thanks, this was starting to throw me off

4 Likes

You meant starting to throw your friend off, right? :thinking:

4 Likes

O-yea. The friend :joy:

4 Likes

@Fordf150_Angelo Also remember once you figure out if your mix needs to be more PG heavy, or VG heavy, you input those values yourself when you mix it up.

Then the numbers at the bottom are a reflection of what you entered up top. If you see a recipe you want to try, you should adapt it, then change the PG, VG, and NIC levels to whatever you want, and then verify it at the bottom before you start to mix that it’s what you want.

2 Likes

I only vape MTL and I always mix 70vg/30pg for myself.

More PG = more throat hit which I don’t like, and living in a hot climate means the higher VG gives my juice some thickness which helps stop leaks.

I also find that VG is sweeter so I don’t need to use added sweetener in recipes.

I run Rebuildable tanks mostly and allow for high VG when wicking.

3 Likes

Yea, I also build my own, the pg/VGA was throwing me off there for awhile, got it now.
Made a batch awhile back and it tasted like I was vaping hand sanitizer :grin:thanks

3 Likes

IMO different VG:PG ratios affect only the throat hit, vaper production and also a little bit the sweetness. other than that, when I am doing DTL (direct to lung), I decrease the total flavour (keeping ratios the same) by about 10%. So if my recipe has 20% total flavour for MTL (mouth to lung), I will do 18% for DTL. but that’s me, you should see what works for you. It is also possible that to get the same experience on MTL and DTL you need to tweak the ratios a bit too. I am interested to know what others think/do.

2 Likes