Philip Morris to Stop Selling Cigarettes

Might like to read this:

7 Likes

Interesting

8 Likes

The goal of Philip Morris, it has said, is to become a majority smoke-free company in terms of net revenues by the end of 2025.

So they got rid of the competition in part of the world and they must feel that a majority of Nicotine consumers will choose heat-not-burn over liquid vape. Perhaps they are going to influence the ban of liquid Nicotine so they completely eliminate the competition, including patches and gum. They will look like good guys, government officials will roll out the red carpet to facilitate the grand plans and they will be rolling in the dough. What amazes me is the abilities they have to be able to pull off something this big.

“and then there was one” - quote from someone (I think)

12 Likes

Cigarette anything = Gross!!

6 Likes

I guess now that they fucked up most countries’ vaping laws they can stop producing cigarettes. Too much manual labour involved, buying tobacco from some poor country, all that annoying shit can go now and they make their billions on what the vape community built the lat 15 years.

7 Likes

OK, so they want the monopoly on vape juice. Pay governments, push false narrative, manipate public and post buuullshit and sink the established independent companies, not suprising at all. Ruthless. Fuk Phillip Morris.

6 Likes

Eric Frank Russell’s 1951 story “…And Then There Were None” ?
Excellent short story!

3 Likes

Already happening here, with a “prescription only” model for the importation of nicotine. Most people blame the government as they are losing a lot of money taxation wise from people switching to vaping, but I always wonder if part of the equation is about the tobacco companies whom all apparently “donate” money to the larger political parties.

6 Likes

No kidding, ey? This pisses me off. Not the end of cigarettes but what i feel is theft of the vaping community. If it wasn’t for us they wouldn’t even be thinking of such a thing. They wouldn’t have to.

6 Likes

Same here. I feel like they will make vaping just as bad as smoking.

3 Likes

EXACTLY…I don’t use the word hate very much but I hate big T and big P with a vengeance.

4 Likes

That or they’ll make vape products only available through them, another monopoly. Imo, they saw vaping as an untapped resource. It’s just like the mafia. They see a business they like and move in on it. BASTARDS! Sorry but this really sets my hair on fire.

5 Likes

Exactamundo!
Phillip Morris isn’t out of the picture. It wouldn’t be in their best interest. They have a plan that doesn’t involve the states dipping into their cookie jar. They’ll find another way to make billions.

6 Likes

Badda bing badda boom!

4 Likes

I’ve often wondered what it is like to work for Big-T. I can’t see how there is much to do outside of the law department and counting money. For the corporate office I picture a large modern building brimming with excess luxuries. A board room up towards the top of the building. A usual cadre of top executives that meet less than the USA Congress, a couple of persons to dial phones and screen incoming calls, a lab with a few chemists, a maintenance and Janitorial staff, one floor of lawyers, and a few floors of workers continuously filling the money counting machines. Oh, and “no smoking” signage at all entrenches. “Vaping allowed” signs and free vape gear and juice at the Vape Bars(available delivery service, of course). Some of the building has Spas, swimming pools and Hot tubs, golf, exercise rooms, Brothel, fine dining, Movie theaters, bowling alleys, rock climbing, etc. . Less than a hundred employees in corporate. None of this includes the manufacturing(child labor) and distribution. This has been my latest picture.

4 Likes

I wonder what happens to the underground in such a scenario… :thinking:

Would that be a blessing in disguise? It would suit those greedy bastards right if they lost their big t money. I am so fed up with the corruption and not just America.

Same but I hate big P just a wee bit more. How do you keep people sick and conspire to feed us poison making it a hell of a lot cheaper than “organic” which is just as bad if you didn’t grow it yourself.

:rofl: :joy: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: That’s the best thing I’ve heard all year!! :joy: good one

??? what do you mean?

1 Like

A blessing? No, I’m sure the states will find a way to pass along the missing money to us. Probably make vaping accessible again and tax the crap out of it. No way those jackasses are going to pass up all that lettuce.

4 Likes

The picture I paint in my mind when I imagine what it is like at big-T headquarters. In the past I imaged much the same but everyone smoking cigarettes. Free of course, Coffee cups full of them everywhere you look. Books of matches everywhere.
I can’t be the only one wondering what they actually do in modern times. Well established product and distribution network. I wonder how many people they actually employ outside of production and distribution.

4 Likes

I see, I loved your picture man. I can see it.

3 Likes