25% flavoring

Second one is Epiclouds Mom’s Pineapple Cake Clone:

Pineapple TFA 2%
Cake Batter CAP 3%
Graham Cracker TPA 3%
NY Cheesecake CAP 2%
Vanilla Custard V1 CAP 4%
14% flavoring

Separately the recipes aren’t what I’m looking for but if I mix the two together it is exactly what I like.
I want to combine the two recipes but flavor % seems high…Any ideas would be helpful.

1 Like

If it works for you, go for it. If I wanted to do something similar I’d do:

Golden Pineapple 5%
Pineapple TPA 2%
Vanilla bean ice cream 4%
Vanilla custard 4%
NY Cheesecake 1%
Cake batter 1%
Graham cracker 2%

I don’t have a lot of those flavors, so I can’t really test this or give you anything other than this is what I’d do. I’d check the median mixing % on each flavor and use that as a starting place. With the cake batter, cheesecake, ice cream, and custard, you’ve got a whole lot of sweet going on. I doubt the sweetener is necessary. I’d also, if keeping all of them, balance them out a little. Personally, I’d ditch either the Vanilla custard or the ice cream, but since you said mixing the recipes is what works for you, keep them.

You could try mixing up a batch with the %s exactly as they’d be if you combined the recipes and do a batch with everything at half what it is and see if that works. Good luck! :smile:

2 Likes

If you made both recipes, and combined both bottles and got what you wanted you basically add each flavor to the recipe, but divide the percentages by two. The Vanilla Custard would have 2% from each recipe and end up at 4%

Golden Pineapple CAP 4%
Sweetener TPA .5%
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream TPA 6%
Vanilla Custard V1 CAP 4%
Pineapple TPA 1%
Cake Batter CAP 1.5%
Graham Cracker TPA 1.5%
NY Cheesecake CAP 1%

Roughly

1 Like

Golden Pineapple CAP 4%
Pineapple TFA 1%
Sweetner TPA .5%
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream TPA 6%
Vanilla Custard V1 4%
Cake Batter CAP 1.5%
Graham Cracker TPA 1.5%
NY Cheesecake CAP 1%

19.5% flavoring

EDIT: Apparantly LordVapor and I agree…

1 Like

I will go with combining and dividing by two. I wasn’t sure if that would change the overall strength of the flavor. I’ve just started trying different flavorings the last couple months and still learning and experimenting. Although Ive mixed my own for over 4 years… I only made 1 flavor when I was using Ego style. Switched to subohm July.
Found a whole new world of flavors.

Thanks for the responses, this site is great with great people!

It should be pretty much right on the money since combining the two bottles doubles the amount of base. Half the amounts per each flavor and it should be what you are looking for. If not exact, then close enough to tweak with little trouble…