Pink cotton

Today I went to my flavour test rda (which is a reload styled rda from FT) and noticed that the cotton has a certain pinkish purple colour on one side. I have no idea what’s going on, I’m still using it regardless, however it seems strange as the mix that originally went on it is clear. Anyone had this happen? Or know what causes this?

5 Likes

I have seen green from copper (that I left for awhile) I suspect what you are seeing is some sort of reaction/oxidation with the chinesium metal

8 Likes

Yeah after I posted I was looking at the photo and thought that it may be cos the metal terminals are on the same side as the coloration. It’s also real humid where I am so that cant help. Thanks mate

7 Likes

:laughing: yep I really should get a proper rda

4 Likes

You’re funny! :joy:

8 Likes

What mod is that?

3 Likes

Negus mech from FT

5 Likes

So a little update on what was actually going on. The rda had the BF pin in it, yep I’m an idiot, and was leaking onto the battery probably causing the colourisation through electrolysis. After replacing the correct pin this issue has stopped. I feel pretty stupid but hey if anyone ever has this issue you can be pretty sure that the juice is touching your battery somewhere. Not sure about how healthy that was for me but meh I’ve done worse things to myself. No wonder I was getting some strange tasting hits :crazy_face: and so the chinesium is now not the cause!!!

6 Likes