Plain vanilla bean ice cream recipe

I am looking for a great plain vanilla bean ice cream recipe? any out there?

4 Likes

FA Vienna Cream -1.5%
FA Vanilla Bourbon -1.5%
FA Fresh Cream - .5%

9 Likes

Why reinvent the wheel? There are some great vanilla (bean) ice cream flavors out there. I’m pretty sure every company makes one. My favorites are Liquid Barn’s Vanilla Ice Cream and TPA’s Vanilla Bean Ice Cream. A lot of people say TPA’s is peppery, but I don’t taste that. Capella’s seems popular as well.

But if you really want a recipe, Beau’s (Up there ^^^) looks pretty good. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Also there a complex vic recipe on YouTube by fresh03.

5 Likes

I recently tried out Real Flavors when they ran a special. I hadn’t tried any of their stuff but I must say the super concentrates are pretty good! Reason I brought that up was to say how impressed I was with the vanilla ice cream flavor. I tested at only 2% and the flavor was very present! Whats cool about the RF stuff is how far you can stretch a 30ml bottle. At 2% a tiny bottle will last you a good while! Good luck with your search!

4 Likes

Ive been on a bit of a VBIC binge lately and im still going through my TPA but the last batch I bought was FW and to be honest I think I prefer that one.

3 Likes

I haven’t tried any of the others but TPA Vanilla Bean Ice Cream is very good, I like to add a touch of TPA French Vanilla Deluxe to make it even richer.

4 Likes

Real flavors vanilla ice cream is fantastic! I like it solo at 3%.

6 Likes

I have PUR Vanilla Bean Ice Cream on the way with high hopes. Will definitely let you know how it is, there are few VBIC concentrates out there, and some of them are less than satisfying. One that comes to mind is CAP Vanilla Bean Ice Cream; for some reason, it just did not taste good at any %, even after a good amount of steep time (2 months).

Will have to let you know, PUR has been pretty decent, only a few letdowns from them.

3 Likes

I know it’s been mentioned already but the best all around is Liquid Barns great in mixes and stand alone! Very authentic vic flavor!

6 Likes

My initial tests of PUR Vanilla Bean Ice Cream were not promising. Unless it turns into something way different than it smells, I definitely think there are better alternatives. A couple more weeks left on the steep; it is better than CAP but still not quite the best.

Liquid Barn being in stock at BCF now is definitely nice!

3 Likes

Get it you won’t be sorry at all trust me on this! By far the best imho! I’ve have caps and tfas and LB and it blows them outta the water!

4 Likes

Hate to bump an older thread but I recently got and tried RFSC Vanilla Ice Cream and I am having a bit of trouble with it!
It looks and smells like brown sugar! I did a SFT at 6% based on the limited notes on the recipe side and it tastes and smell like brown sugar! The concentrate is almost black in the bottle and I got it from BCF back in June! Any ideas or help to offer?

1 Like

I think you used too high. for rfsc Vanilla Ice Cream, @SignMan used at 2% and @juice_junkie_lover used at 3% there in the previous post. If I may make a suggestion, try it at those percentages (2 -3%)

1 Like

That seems to be the consensus! Thanks a bunch!!

1 Like