Please help me pick the right box mod

If you want a dual battery squonk your options are limited, but if your looking for just a standard mod then that opens up many more options…there are good squonk recommendations in other peoples posts, but for standard mods you could look into the eleaf istick 200w tc, its a 3 battery mod that you should be able to find for less than 30 bucks, the last one i owned lasted for 2 years including being dropped many times and sat in a cup holder full of water for about 20 minutes lol.

If I were you I would start browsing the clearance sections of different stores and when you find a mod that looks good to you, come back here and type it in the search bar and read what people are saying about it.

Edit: nevermind lol that geekvape should be a good mod

5 Likes

This I’m so tempted to get but in addition to the set up I’d need batteries and possibly a different charger… trying to be responsible but man it’s difficult

5 Likes

Before buying a new mod, try building higher resistance coils and lowering your wattage. You should be able to get a good vape with much better battery life.

7 Likes

I have had no problems with the rx300 from wizmec it is a 3× 18650 box that will last you all day and some without having to carry any extra batteries at all.

5 Likes

The batteries I got here. Only place I buy batteries from. And as far as your charger, does yours charge D cell? If so, the 21700 should fit easy enough. They are like in between 18650 and D in diameter.

4 Likes

As you can see, 36 puffs the battery is already halfway, is it normal ?I chain vape by the way :wink:

3 Likes

You need to see what the battery reads on an external charger or meter. When the mod indicator show’s half, it could really be more?

4 Likes

I’ve had an Aegis X for almost a year and it’s definitely one of the best mods I’ve owned. TC is very good and I usually get about a day on Sony VTC5a’s. If you liked the Legend, the X is a worthy successor.

5 Likes

Dosen’t look like it does… man, vape and save money they said, diy and save even more they said. LIES all LIES I knew after my 1st 200 flavors and 6 or so mods this wasn’t going to be true lol. Now armed with more knowledge and recipes, logically means I need more flavors, mods and attys :man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

6 Likes

Well, I have had 3 Nitecore chargers go bad on me, so maybe you will get lucky and need a new one soon :wink:

And eventually, the cost will offset the stinky analogs. What I found the first go-round was I started small, then worked my way to PWM mods. Spending thousands!

So this time around I bought a somewhat decent mod/tank kit, and an mtl device, knowing those would be payed forward to a friend on low income. I then went straight to the big gun after talking to @SessionDrummer and bought the Hadron setup he reviewed. I was fortunate my battery charger already charged 21700’s.

The Hadron is big and bulky and I like that. But it is also flexible. It’s like every setup, all in one. And the battery life is ridiculous with the batteries I linked. In fact, I am buying another to keep an RTA setup along with my RDA setup.

7 Likes

Sorry, I shouldn’t put so much peer pressure on you. But earlier in the thread you mentioned another device you would like to grab. My suggestion… once you go big, any other device just doesn’t look appealing. So skip the baby steps. Set your sights on a badass device, save up if you have to, sell old devices, and be done with spending. That is unless you like to collect them like I did :wink:

6 Likes

Not a bad idea, I don’t carry multiple devices most of the time only a few occasions. Pod and some type of dual battery.

I don’t necessarily collect them to collect them it just happened that way. Way to many mods, tanks, flavors, nic, batteries, cotton, coils, bottles then I really need. When my dad passed away it gave me something to focus my brain on and helped a lot learning about new vape related things so I wasn’t always thinking about life.

6 Likes

I use my Aegis squonk everyday too and yeah, 3 batteries a day sounds about right. I use it because of how well it does TC with the Profile RDA using vandy vape SS316L 200 mesh. I know @Fishaddict420 asked if you use TC, that would make a difference on a recommendation.

The Aegis X is a good mod but TC is not as good as the Aegis squonk which is frustrating. If you don’t use TC then it is one I would recommend, that os the Aegis Legend. The X has the benefit of a MUCH bigger display but if I could get the Legend for a better price then I would probably go that route. Price being equal I would get the X over the Legend.

If you vape in the 60 watt range then something other than a single 18650 mod would be advisable. The Ehpro Cold Steel single 21700 mod has given me great battery life though and is on sale at many locations. Of course a dual 18650 mod would have that beat but not by a huge margin for the size. A Samsung 40T 21700 is 4,000 mah, dual Sony VTC5A about 5,000 mah.

6 Likes

Aegis x is nice. And you can also try aegis max

5 Likes

I actually was thinking about the aegis x but because of the big display I changed my mind, it would get scratches or breaks if I drop it, wich I do drop my mod a lot hhh…
I power vape using Ni80 triple fused clapton coils in the tengu rda reads 0,20 dual coils.
At 58to60 watts.

5 Likes

:warning:# 21700 Samsung INR2170050E 5000mAh High Discharge

Max Continuous Discharging Current: 9.8A
9.8*3/1.2= 24.5 Watt max with single cell?

3 Likes

I use vtc5a Sony 25amp/2500mah 18650 single

4 Likes

If that works for you, don’t feel guilty for your collection. Quitting smoking is a bitch. And the fact that this alternative way of life turns into a hobby for a lot of folks is probably due to the fact having it as a hobby helps them focus on vaping, and not cigs.

For those people, it isn’t about saving money. For those vaping is about saving money… buy a really good device, one with lots of versatility, and one that will make all other vapes more occasional indulgences. I love having a sexy ass vape. But if a rock vapes better, I am vaping the rock.

6 Likes

Max continuous discharge rate does not mean you can’t discharge a battery higher than that for 5 seconds at a time. It means if you put a drain on the battery from full to dead… don’t go over those amps. So if you just hold the button down on your mod til the batteries go dead, you could do that at 24.5w per cell. Just make sure you are Johnny on the spot with the juice :wink:

4 Likes

Seems good for any of the 21700 flashlights I have. Definitely not a high drain cell.

Test/review of Samsung INR21700-50E 5000mAh

2 Likes