Please help me track down a flavor or replace it

I ordered a couple flavors this week to try to work on it, including the Real Flavors KLP because I didn’t have that. I am wondering though, based on the information that @Ken_O_Where supplied to us about timeframe flavors….I’m going to go through flavors, maybe if I can at least nail down what gives it that “cloudy” color, it might give me a good starting part. :thinking: I do agree with you though that it is delicious, it is actually among a handful of flavors that helped me quit smoking!

6 Likes

@NeonKoala out of all the key lime flavors ive ordered to try to replicate it, the only one with that cloudiness is Florida Key Lime (FW i think) and Lime Tahity Cold Pressed. I mixed some Real Flavor super concentrate key lime and some florida key lime, and it’s somewhere along the same lines but not quite there. Hopefully you also see what i mean with the “pie” aspects being very very subtle, its mainly just that sharp tangy key lime flavor that makes it so good…

6 Likes

I know that no one is going to be able to recreate a flavor by looking at it, but I thought maybe if I also posted a pic of the bottle I have, anyone that might be trying to help can see the milky/cloudy color I’m referring to (all ideas welcome). @Drslothington I was definitely think FW too, but I’m not gonna lie, I’m also a little excited to see how that RF is.

6 Likes

Yep, it was definitely very cloudy. Heres a picture of a 100ml with it at 9%, before shaking it up obviously

The other flavorings just dont look like that.

7 Likes

I can’t remember which one it was, but I had an INW lemon that was quite cloudy ages ago and your profile suggests lemon is in the mix…

7 Likes

I tried to take that pic when ppl could also see the ingredient list, it shows ethyl alc & vitamin e, anyone know what flavors might contain those? I guess the alcohol could be anything citrus come to thing about it

5 Likes

Uhhhhhh, don’t vape Vitamin E…

5 Likes

@NeonKoala vitamin E??? Uh…yikes

4 Likes

From what I understand basically Vitamin E has a lipid profile, fats, so when it gets into your lungs it can cause lipid pneumonia. A lot of people have been seriously injured and even died from vaping Vitamin E. Now I don’t imagine there’s too much of a difference between acetate or original, I haven’t looked but I wouldn’t be inhaling that at all… Stick to flavours that toxicology has atleast been done on, I don’t have the link but there was a study by Konstantinos Farsalinos to reassure you, most flavours have been self regulated and it’s important to only buy from Reputable sources.

But again, you want to read read and read what you’re buying and as DIY and Vaping is more and more under attack, people are branching out to food products to give their business legitamacy and able to operate under stringent rules in the US…

Flavours that are also mean for food (they all are, really) can contain things like emulsifiers and fatty oils (lipid) and can do you more harm that good. Stick with flavours that are often used in recipes here and don’t venture off into the baking aisle either.

4 Likes

The whole EVALI thing was the reason behind people getting sick, their THC vape cartridges were being cut with VItamin E Acetate… It could’ve been an accident but some would argue that it was intentional, I’m leaning towards the latter.

4 Likes

Keeping in mind that Vitamin E is not the same as Vitamin E Acetate.

Lemon Sicily (FA) clouds up a mix pretty good.

5 Likes

Key Lime (TPA) contains Vitamin E but Key Lime Pie (TPA) does not. This doesnt mean it is the right flavor but it is a small piece of the puzzle.

Lemon Lime (TPA) does as well, Lemon Lime II (TPA) does not.

Several other TPA flavor contain it as well, Citrus Punch being one. The others with Vitamin E and Ethyl get further away from the profile.

EDIT: Had to change some info as i had them backwards.

5 Likes

Very agreed @Ken_O_Where. Now that I’m looking closer at that label, AND, with your clear compare/contrast of Vitamin E and Vitamin E Acetate, I’m not sure if I’d be vaping it even WITH the Vitamin E. Poly Sorbate 80 ?? Ehhhh. Unless that was a DIE FOR flavor I’m not sure I’d use it.

NOW, DISCLAIMER. I have NO ISSUES vaping CAP VC or LB’s VIC, both of which DO have baddies in there, so perhaps I’m a hypocrite. I’m not really fond of “hazy” flavors/juices/mixes to begin with.

7 Likes

Im not an expert but as i understand it, polysorbate 80 is FDA approved for use in medicinal inhalers and such for emulsifying oil based ingredients, and that is probably what the vitamin E is doing as well.

Even though E and E acetate may not be the same thing, it still gives me pause.

As far as the EVALI thing, i believe those cannabis cartridges were intentionally cut with vitamin e to maintain the same high viscosity (i dont know if youve looked inside a vitamin e pill, but its like honey as far as viscosity) and it was most likely a really significant percentage of the overall mix, so we’re probably talking orders of magnitude more vitamin E in the THC cartridges versus what is in those flavorings. Still though, im not thrilled about it.

7 Likes

Wizard Labs was a reputable part of the DIY community for years. Unfortunately, just like many others, they recently closed down. The flavor in question is from their line. And while I really do appreciate all the information, I’m not looking to randomly add vitamin e to a mix. I was asking if anyone knew what flavors already contained it like the answer @Ken_O_Where gave “Key Lime (TPA) contains Vitamin E but Key Lime Pie (TPA) does not”, as this might help identify what flavors were originally used in the mix. But I do appreciate the information your trying to give me, on more than one occasion I’ve reached for my vape flavors to make cupcakes, however I’ve never reached for my cupcake flavors to vape :flushed:

5 Likes

Perhaps you are :thinking: I’m kidding….I know there are certain flavors that are worse than others, but I look at it this way: the percentage of that flavor in a mix is usually so small in comparison to everything else that’s killing me these days. I could just light a cigarette, which is worse :woman_shrugging:t3: If I enjoy a flavor, I’ll take my chances. I don’t sit there and stare at my cheeseburger and fries before I eat them, thinking about how they’re bad for me. I just think about how tasty they will be. That being said, Wizard Labs actually put out a really delicious KLP, but obviously I didn’t vape that much of it if I still have most of the bottle left. Not because I was worried about it, but because there are so many wonderful flavors in the DIY world, it is rare that I vape more than 30ml (at best) of something before I move on. There have only been two on three I loved that much.

6 Likes