Please help! no pg in recipe is that ok?

i have a flavor i made that i really like but when i try to make a large amount there is no PG in the recipe… is that ok? and is it ok to make juice that has no PG added because the flavorings are PG based???

5 Likes

Yes, In fact that is exactly how all my Eliquids are made. I add no additional PG to any of my mixes.

5 Likes

That’s fine, you’re not the only one who does that. Some people are sensitive to PG and use as little as possible.
It just takes a little longer to steep because VG is not the best flavour carrier.
If you type max VG in the search bar top right you’ll find some good recipes and tips.

Thanks @Mark_Turner, you just beat me to it :smiley:

3 Likes

@Mark_Turner What he said. Add 3% distilled water to thin it out and 1% vodka if you want it to steep faster and thin it out a bit.

3 Likes

thanks you guys for the responses very helpful i was kind of worried because the recipe for a 30 ml had 7.77g of pg in it but when i wanted to make 5 gl it had no PG it it and i was kinda just thinking it was because of the flavoring… so i should be cool to go ahead and make the 5 gl?

2 Likes

Yes,
Add your flavor concentrates
Your preferred Nic. Base
Top off with VG :white_check_mark:

1 Like

awesome thankyou

1 Like

Just before you go and make this amount, have you checked that the mix remains consistent over time? Would hate for you to make this much to then discover it fades completely or tastes totally different after time. That’s assuming you don’t plan on vaping it all in a short space of time :thinking:

4 Likes

mix remains?

iv made 2 batches of the same recipe and one has been steeping for like 3 weeks now and the other for about a week both are great its just on the calculator when i change it to 5 gl my pg is gone and i didnt know if that will screw with the flavor

That the eliquid recipe you want to make doesn’t fade in flavour or change in taste over a long period of steeping.

1 Like

Personally I wouldn’t mix that large an amount of liquid if I hadn’t made sure there wasn’t a fading issue well past the one month mark. But that’s just my opinion because I know it would take me a long tIme to vape that much liquid.

2 Likes

well its for me and a few friends lol but the one thats 3 weeks old keeps getting better so i think time is doing it well i was just worried about a recipe with no PG iv never seen that

1 Like

Cool! Enjoy! :smiley::+1:

Surely that’s not 5 gallons? I don’t see how PG could be reduced to zero. When you change the quantity to make the ingredient quantities should change proportionately. If the smaller quantity had PG then so should the larger quantity. Would you mind posting the recipe or a screenshot of it…

3 Likes

Agree. If you add PG to 5ml you should add to 5 gallons. Proportions should remain. Therefore PG requirements remain the same. Am I missing something? Are you sure you didnt hit VG MAX checkbox inadvertently?

Are you sure its showing the right things, and its the same recipe when you go from 30ml to 5gl (I assume gallons which = approx 22.7 l)…

The reason I ask is because if you have kept everything the same, but just increased the amount to make then the PG should increase by the same factor as all the other liquids when you move from 30ml to 5gl.

If your flavourings have pg, then this should amount should show in the totals that are displayed at the bottom even if you’ve selected max vg.Screenshot - 280817 - 17:51:44Screenshot - 280817 - 17:52:27

As you can see, the difference between both amounts is just one of quantities. The PG/VG ratio has not changed (totals at bottom of both screen shots).

If the recipe originally called for (X) of PG, then a larger amount should have (X * increase) amount of PG. I think you may have changed something else, such as hit the max-VG check box.

This is what should happen with the same recipe going from 30ml to 22l assuming nothing has changed except the total amount to make. Its a 50/50 PG/VG mix.Screenshot - 280817 - 18:02:29Screenshot - 280817 - 18:03:29

1 Like

Did you check to make sure you didn’t accidentally hit the max vg box?

3 Likes