Please help Vaping is making me So Sleepy

Ah…I remember now. Isn’t Ritalin doing the same thing for hyperactivity?

5 Likes

Both are used to control Hyperactivity. One’s more potent I believe. ( yessss… adderall’s better than valium or zanex to me any day). The adderall I can see myself getting addicted to fast.

I simply know I’m tired of waking up with my face in a bowl of popcorn, my dinner, on my keyboard, or waking up 2 hrs later because I blinked and passed out sitting up. I think you could have chainsawed my feet off last night my legs were so numb and I wouldn’t have felt it lol.

3 Likes

I’ve re-read this again to see what I missed. I was pre diabetic. I had to lose weight after a heart attack (and quit smoking) I started vaping and lost the weight too. If it’s anything with me its low blood pressure because my medication hasn’t been adjusted since I lost 30 lbs. I could be suffering from nicotine poisoning but I didn’t go through the rest of it. just fell asleep on the keyboard lol.

I see the Dr again soon and he does bloodwork each time. The signs of my pre-diabetes went away a couple of visits ago. I’m thinking BP for me. I don’t have any alergies. Wouldn’t pg rash me out if It was on my hands for a little bit? not just a moment or 2 but for a while. I need to cut back on the nicotine because of the weight loss. I know that’s what’s doing it to me.

Dropping 30 lbs is like tossing an 8 man tent and sleeping bag off your shoulders. I didn’t realize how much 30 lbs slowed you down.

3 Likes

I could be wrong, but I’m pretty sure that nicotine is a stimulant. One would think that the more you took, the less drowsy you would feel, although that is not always the case. Sometimes if one drinks, say for example too much coffee, it can have the opposite effect than one would expect, and this was explained to me once. It’s a bit like an adrenalin dump, where you feel tired after being extremely exited,or scared, and the threat then immediately disappears. So, it could be too little nicotine, or too much,lol. If your body is used to high levels of nicotine and it suddenly stops getting it, that may be a cause. If you are giving your body too much nicotine in one go, and then stop ,might be another reason. Not sure that this helps.

2 Likes

About a 1.5 years after I started vaping I also lost weight. I went from 185 to 165 in two months. I’m 6’1 though and I was very fit to begin with. I’m pretty sure it was the nicotine that affected my appetite. The thing is I hadn’t increased my Nic level or the amount I vaped. I guess one day my body decided to react differently.

After two years I slowly put the weight back on. Truth be told, I liked being at 165 but my wife assured me repeatedly that I looked like a starving refugee.

Our bodies truly are weird and amazing.

3 Likes

VG is VG, especially any of the high% purity products most folks use here. To lower your exposure to PG just check the “Max VG” box inside your recipes in the ELR Calculator. You can also choose flavorings and Nicotine which are VG-based to eliminate PG altogether. There are plenty of anecdotal posts here about PG sensitivity …not uncommon at all. Helpful advice tho~! The resulting juice will be more viscous (thicker) and there’s ways to manage that also (distilled water?) or use of a dripper RDA

2 Likes

Lots of old news about double-blind studies showing vitamins not being “helpful”, but most of those same articles close with “unless you have a vitamin deficiency” …DUH. D Vitamin and B vitamin deficiencies (especially for Vegans) are somewhat common and both can be indicated with “lethargy”. Nowadays they have gender specific multivitamins and 50+ options also. …hey? couldn’t hurt …heh well maybe your wallet :wink:

5 Likes

We can’t say but there can be some kind of deficiency in the body and that is the reason you are sleeping a lot. However, when you switch from smoking to vaping, it will make you sleep as you are in the transition period. Sometimes, it is because of stress and overthinking as well. You should not stay much at home, that also makes you sleepy. You must meet people and try to stay active by indulging in exercises. You should get a sound sleep at night. Not sleeping at night makes you drowsy during the day and you may not feel very active. Then vaping will definitely make you sleep. Try making a few changes to your lifestyle and have a proper diet and exercise routine. I think that should help.

3 Likes

Old post, I know. I just want to add that nicotine is a stimulant – for sure. BUT, I think it’s possible to get too high of a dose from the vape, the nervous system ramps up fast and hard, which might cause a crash and quick come down as it wears off. So, as previously mentioned, lowering the nicotine mg’s consumed might be the solution.

There is an interactive, online calculator (can’t remember the name or author) showing how much nicotine your body absorbs a day (from cigarettes) so you match your vaping habit to equal that amount of nicotine. It’s just over 1mg per cigarette, though the tobacco contains much more.

I need to check it out again – any one know the calculator and can post a link? TIA

1 Like

https://www.dashvapes.com/nicotine

2 Likes