Please help with Aromamizer Supreme v3

Good day!
I came to this forum because I have, frankly, grown quite desperate. I got this atomizer because I heard a lot of good things about it from some of the reviewers here, such as @SessionDrummer
However, I cannot seem to make it work, even if my life depended on it. I used single coil deck with 3, 3.5, and 4 mm coils. I also tried the postless deck with 3.5 mm coil. I mainly used ni80 framed staple wire from coilology (2-26/4-.1*.4/36 0.89 ohm per feet). I tried all airflow options and ran wattage from 40 to 95 watts. I also tried ni80 4 core fused clapton 4*26 +36

I get plenty of vapor but no flavor. I know the juice is fine since it works normally in my Claymore RDA. Here are some of my attempts at it. As you may have guessed, none worked.

For some reason, I can only post 1 pic.

I would be really grateful if you guys could help me fix this because I really want this to work. I need to figure out what I did wrong since I ordered the plus v2 and Rangar, so I want to be able to use those as well. I use Muji organic cotton from Japan. Let me know if you need any more details.

6 Likes

Unfortunately, I don’t have this one mainly because i did read of some complaints regarding the lack of flavor in the single coil deck. I might recommend turning down your airflow and see if that helps. From what I remember, that deck has side and bottom airflow and it may just be a bit too much for a single deck (but I bet it does wonders for making some fog). Wish I could offer more help.

4 Likes

@d00mhammers first things first, welcome to ELR.

Secondly, as far as that single coiler, I do remember having some under flavoring when I first loaded the deck, because I accidentaly choked off the bottom flow ports, but it doesn’t look like you’ve made that mistake …

I chose a smaller dual core clapton for my review and tests, and it faired pretty well. I DID however, get a pretty big flavor boost by switching to the postless deck.

With only 20% bottom flow, and 80% side flow, small adjustments to the coil height, alignment, and even coil type/size will have a fairly LARGE impact, when running it in single coil mode. Do you have a postless deck, so you could verify that on your end as well ??

If not, you can try the stupid stuff, different coil, smaller I.D. height, etc.

Let me/us know if you can try out the dual deck, and/or if you have a different coil type/size you could try.
I don’t typically run single coils, and maybe that’s because dual coils are more flavorful, or even forgiving, hehe, but I didn’t have any real flavor issues with the single, BUT, I DID get a really healthy boost, when pushing it up to the postless deck dual coiler.

Sometimes, ESPECIALLY when reviewing, if I get into a “Where the Hell Is The Flavor” jam, I try dramatic change, load down to a simple single wire Kanthal coil, dramatically change the I.D. height, alignment, to see if I can shake it up and find a sweet spot.

8 Likes

I had the some lackluster flavor on my supreme v3. No matter what i tried the flavor was not in your face like my other decks. I even tried keeping ports closed and still nothing. Its the only deck i dont like on my SC. Therefore it has been in the box for a year.

7 Likes

Welcome to ELR

7 Likes

I’m using the same deck. Coils shouldn’t make the difference and you say you are getting plenty of vapor so it sounds like the build and wicking is right. Look at the inside of chimney and you will notice perf marks on two sides. Insert the deck so the coil is next to the perforations.
Allow a little time for the cotton to break in. I get plenty of flavor out of my Supreme 3 and I’m pretty much a non taster.

6 Likes

This is one of my favorite attys. I have one built at all times. I only use the postless deck, with dual 2.5mm fused Claptons, I cut the legs at 4 mm and leave the airflow open all the way. I’ve never gotten good flavor from the single coil deck no matter where I’ve positioned it or what type/size/diameter. I just never have. I’ve spent hours trying to sort that deck. Here’s what I vape- amazing flavor always.

7 Likes

Pardon my dirty nails, I manage a horse farm. Dirt/dust/mud etc. all the finer things in my life :heart::horse::horse_racing::magnet:

7 Likes

i hear that … we have a small farm, and yeah you can get real dirty working… lol…

4 Likes

It’s my dream job- get paid to do what I love

6 Likes

Thank you for your response and kind words. Yes I do have postless deck. Ill try post pics of what i did

2 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

These are 4 mm framed staple

2 Likes

3 mm quad fused clapton

2 Likes

2 Likes

Thank you for tips, can i use dual 3mm on that deck?. Im sure it can be better in dual coil but i want to run it in single coil :frowning:

2 Likes

coil position relative to tank, is it too high? legs 4.5 mm

2 Likes