Thank you for your response. Here is my coil position, its 4.5 mm

is that too high?
Is dual coil juice consumption high?

2 Likes

Welcome and glad you joined.

3 Likes

thank you!

2 Likes

Coil at 4 wraps seems too big, should i maybe make it 4 or 4 mm id, then reduce wraps to 3?
Also i use muji pads with Scottish rollā€¦ is that bad?

3 Likes

Fused clapton, 3mm diameter, ni80 28x2/40 6 wraps, clocked at 0.51 ohm, using 27-30 watts depends how warm I want it

I put it just covering the side airflow, making sure itā€™s as low as possible, in line with the top most holes, also making sure the cotton doesnā€™t cover any part of the bottom airflow.

4 Likes

From what I can see in your pics @d00mhammers, looks good. I canā€™t be sure, but when you used the postless, did you only use a single coil ? Have you tried dual coiling ? When I switched from the single coil deck, to the postless with dual coils, I had a dramatic increase in flavor.

You had mentioned possibly moving DOWN in size, with the SINGLE coil, which Iā€™m curious to hear how that worked out.

5 Likes

Iā€™d go dual with the postless. Youā€™ll be able to fit dual 3mm but Iā€™ Itā€™ll be restricted more. I find the 2.5mm dual works best. Good luck!

4 Likes

I will try it, what wattage do you run your build at?

3 Likes

Iā€™m trying this right now, iā€™ll let you know

3 Likes

still shit :frowning:

2 Likes

Honestly not impressed by flavorā€¦Claymore beats this easily

3 Likes

Well, if you postless deckā€™d it, and dual coiled it, and youā€™re STILL not get the flavor, then itā€™s possible the v.3 isnā€™t for you. Your coils look good, height good, and cotton/wicking look good. When I set mine up for the review, I got ā€œfairā€ flavor from the single, and when I switched to the velocity, it was markedly improved.

What are you getting, muted flavors ??

4 Likes

My dual coil build cane to 0.19 ohm. Iā€™m running at 80 wats, half honey comb airflow. I did try all others. The flavor seems cottony and muted in a way not poping, like in my claymore

2 Likes

I wish I had a claymore to compare it with, but I donā€™t. Itā€™s great you at least spent the time and effort to try and narrow it down @d00mhammers. Do you have any versions of the Plus ?

3 Likes

Well I do have the Ragnar which is currently too big for any of my mods. I have ordered the hadron plus with the aromamizer plus v2 but they havenā€™t arrived yet

3 Likes

80 watts at 0.19? WOW you like a hot hot vape. I start a at 30/35 watts on a neighborhood of 0.22 to 0.17 ohms and end up about 50/55 watts max before the gunk gets burnt off and a cotton change.

4 Likes

Itā€™s not hot, I want it hot. The V3 is quite airy. At such low wattage as you suggest, there is literally no flavor or vapor, it bare gives vapor around 50 wats

2 Likes

Iā€™d be interested to hear how the Plus works for you.

2 Likes

Honestly the v3 made me worried about thatā€¦ I even ordered the single coil deck for the plus, but now i feel i will regret itā€¦Also package from fasttech said airplane landed 3 weeks ago and no updates. I wonder if it is lostā€¦

2 Likes