Please help with Aromamizer Supreme v3

Looks like @Lynda_Marie figured it out @d00mhammers.

Still checking how I wicked mine …

4 Likes

Thank you, it took some time but was well worth it. Seems like steamcrave tanks like less cotton.

4 Likes

In my opinion, you need minimal amount of cotton in wells . I cut quarter muji pad, removed 2 outer layers, and 1 extra layer for a 3 mm ni80 quadcore fused clapton. Then i thinned it considerably to be very lose and barely cover deck. Only then it wicked efficiently and gave good flavor. My build is running at 70 wats due to coil mass, with half closed 3 row honey comb airflow.

4 Likes

@d00mhammers I’m glad you got a good build going.

I still don’t have a lot of experience with the Supreme V3. Even though your problem was wicking I want to share my thoughts on coil size and placement in relation to the airflow ports. My very first thought about the single coil deck was about the airflow. It looks like it’s hard to get the coil legs short enough to allow the air to flow over the outside from the bottom air ports. My thinking is that if you can’t get the airflow over the outside of the coil, the bottom and side airflows will collide causing turbulent flow on the legs side of the coil, at the same time starving the other side of air. I think this limits the coil diameter. You want smooth and even airflow over as much coil surface as possible in order to maximize flavor from an airflow point of view. In addition to getting the coil close to the side air ports, lowering the coil close to the bottom helps move it closer to the legs side a small amount. I can’t remember the coil specifics but I have one that needs cleaning and rewicked so I’ll try to post back the details when I get to it.

As for wicking I never thin my tails very much. I should say I rarely do, it’s very dependant on the coil I use and the size and shape of the juice wells. I do pay careful attention to spreading out the ends after I cut them with the scissors. the scissor cut tends to mash all the fibers together in a clump, very bad for wicking. When I try to separate cotton clumps toward the base of the coil or straighten fibers I try to do so without actually thinning. i. e. without removing material.

6 Likes

Im glad that works for you! Do post pics when you do it!

6 Likes

@SessionDrummer @Lynda_Marie Im really enjoying the flavor now, after a day got even better, I’m running raspberry cheesecake DIY and it tastes marvelous!

5 Likes

Now THAT, is great news.

5 Likes

I rebuilt tank again and rewicked it. I think is is possibly the best flavor i got of it. The key is minimal cotton. I think i found a way to wick it perfectly. 1/4 muji pad, remove top and bottom layers and 1 extra layer if you use 3mm coil then thin legs to the point you think its way too thin and use juice control to prevent leaks. Works like a charm

5 Likes

Which deck are you using? If it’s the single coil deck, I’ll give it a shot. I’ve never got a good vape off of that newer single coil deck. The Aromamizer Lite is another story. It’s one of the best performing single coil RTAs I’ve used.

I should also mention that I use a Supreme V2.1 with a postless deck. It’s definitely one of the better dual coil performers I have. I always have a great experience with it in dual coil mode. I’ve had a mesh deck for it for over a year but still haven’t tried it.

4 Likes

Honestly my supreme v3 loves just round wire. Ss is all i use these days as i get great flavor off it. I stopped messing with building wire when i get great flavor just on some 24g ss. I occasionally switch off mesh to go coils and i have never had issues. The single deck is not my thing. I do do singles on the postless depends on my mood. You might have a consistent vape by just grabbing a spool of round wire.

4 Likes

Single coil deck. Haven’t used other ones you mentioned

3 Likes

Ditto. Not built like any of the SC line but for flavor and building it’s impressive for it’s size. Versatility of both DTL and MTL and RDTL.

5 Likes

Forgot about the Lite. Gonna have to dig it out. I remember being impressed by how well that little guy performed.

4 Likes