PMTA & Flavorings

Well that sucks …

3 Likes

I was going to stock up on nic, until I saw the additional tax. So…fuck it. After I’m through with what I have, no more nic for me. I refuse to be extorted.

7 Likes

I’m not seeing any additional taxes from NR. Unsure where you’re usually ordering from but maybe it’ll help. Also suprised no notice was given to the community from nicvape about not selling in the USA.

Multiple juice stores online had been sending emails about the closure and offering sales to liquidate products. Maybe nicvape thought the wiuld still be able to sell to the USA. Sad shit no matter what

3 Likes

Just took this screen shot a couple of minutes ago. I just picked the 48mg at random.

The higher the content the higher the tax, and that doesn’t apply towards the 50.00 limit for free shipping either.

4 Likes

Are you on California? Is it just a CA tax,?

3 Likes

Damn that like over 20pct tax…I just ran a cart over at LB with Nicotine and they didnt charge me a tax , im sure its coming soon…

3 Likes

I think so at least at this point.

4 Likes

yes, I’m in CA.

4 Likes

You can bet on it brother. No way the state isn’t going to get their hands into that money pot.

6 Likes

Is there anything different from the last time you ordered Nic from River? Just curious, I know they have been charging Nic tax for California, definitely nothing to do with the PMTA’s

3 Likes

Oh, I know it has nothing to do with the PMTA. I suppose I shouldn’t have griped in this thread. It has been quite awhile since I ordered nic and I don’t remember seeing this on the bill or I would have mentioned it then. Doesn’t matter. Either way, I not paying it. The state is already getting thier fair share through sales tax. I don’t need another tax on top of it. That tax will increase come January. Pretty sure they’re feeling the loss of all that money from former cig smokers and need something to fill the cofers.

from taxfoundation.org:
California currently taxes vapor products at 59.27 percent of wholesale value, but the proposal would impose an additional tax at a rate of $2 for each 40 milligrams of nicotine in the product. The tax would take effect January 1, 2021 and is forecasted to raise $32 million in FY 2021.

6 Likes

Hey guy’s, not sure what your PMTA is but will tell you what our Gov are doing.

Here in Australia it has always been “illegal” to sell or purchase nicotine as it is under a prescribed poison category. We have been able to get away with importing smaller amounts under a personal importation scheme but technically we should have a doctors prescription to do this and to possess any nicotine at all.

From Jan 1st 2021, to import any nicotine we will only be able to do it via a doctors prescription AND only the doctor or an approved pharmacy will be able to import it in very small amounts. The doctor or pharmacy that supplies this must be registered and approved by our healthy dept to be able to start the importation and the doctor must be able to show that every other smoking cessation option has been tried unsuccessfully (from what I gather from the limited info they have given).

Now, just to be even more difficult, the state I live in (South Australia) banned ALL online sales of vape products including hardware and juice from within our state or from any other Australian state. If they could have, they would have also banned all international sales but this is too hard for them to police. That means we can still have B&M vape shops, but no online sales either in the state, from the state or from other states. Sounds ok still except my nearest vape shop that actually stocks things I use is over a four hour round trip by car…

The thing is… we all know damn well that this is just a financial thing for them. We are part of the commonwealth and still recognise Britain as our founder and the queen as our monarch. Britain is one of the most pro vaping countries in the world, have done a lot of research and studies into both short and longer term effects of vaping and even sell vape gear in their hospitals. Our Gov keeps saying they are banning things for our own safety as there has not been enough credible studies done to show vaping is safe, they even spread misinformation and outright lies to get the general public to support them,

I feel you guys are heading the same direction and I feel as sorry for you as I do for us. Probably the only difference will be you can still get nicotine easily enough, you will just need to take out a second mortgage to afford it,

The world is going to hell very quickly for us and it sucks big time!

Thank you, Rant over…

9 Likes

Teehee I just watched that movie, again, the other day!!

“Water? You mean…out the toilet!?”

5 Likes
6 Likes

I need to watch that again. Maybe this world will make some sense

5 Likes

Just came across this today. This site keeps track of who has submitted a PMTA application, who won’t be submitting an application, and who has been approved. In case you’re wondering about your favorite vendor. From what I can see, some applications have been accepted but haven’t been approved yet by the FDA. It’s interesting to see who has no intention of submitting the application. Wonder how all this is going to play out…

7 Likes