Pod Conversion

Hello everyone. I was wondering if someone might be able to help me with my mixing. I know there is a general rule to double a regular recipe to make it into a pod device. However, if I use a pod that goes up to 40W with a .3 or .4 ohm, does that qualify as a regular recipe?

I’m using salt nic 25% store bought, but when mixing plan to lower that to 15%, then slowly down to 1%. Does this seem feasible?

I’ve been struggling real bad trying to mix. I will get very optimistic reading recipes then try for a few days then give up in frustration. One problem I am facing is that I really don’t like the juice to be warm when I vape. When I buy store juice I always add WS-23 to it, which turns out great. It’s technically the only successful mixing I have done, lol

I just celebrated 6 months without a cigarette. I was a pack a day smoker for 18 years. I started with 50 mg nicotine disposables, but found that to be way too much, then lowered to 25mg refillable pods. I tried using a RDA with my own coils, but did not like the warmth of the vapor.

Anyway, I’m rambling. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

7 Likes

Designing juice recipes for pod devices is really a thing of the past when pod devices were garbage. Most of the new ones now have just as much flavor as a RDA so no extra flavoring is not needed.

Im sure theres still pods on the market that suck but stuff like the new caliburns vapresso luxe max , sx mini and others are flavor machines.

As far as using ws23 im not much help. I cant stand cooling in juices

You can use a rda and still have a cool vape. Just lower the wattage and use higher ohm coils

8 Likes

Ive never adopted the double rule. i do mix with a 50/50 vgpg ratio or 60vg max. Using the right flavors and eliminating as many creams as possible has helped me also keep flavor pct down.

5 Likes

First of all drop the I from DIY and DY just do you. If you like coolant add it. Just add it sparingly as it can sometimes mute other flavors. As far as I am concerned there are no set in stone rules as to how high of a percentage a recipe has to be in order for it to be flavorful. The trick is to experiment with different flavors and percentages to find what works for you. I’ve had recipes that taste ok @9% but are over flavored when doubled @18%. The way to go with creating is start where you start to get good flavor and increase slightly. Say you get ok flavor @9 then adjust the total to say 11-12% and see how it is, if it’s still too weak move up to 13% sometimes the smallest adjustment can make the biggest difference. I have had recipes at 6% in a pod that were just as good as a commercial eliquid mixed @20%.

5 Likes

@Bisforbrian welcome to the forum. When you say warm do you mean temperature warm, as in the vapor stream is hot/burning? WS is just a cooling effect. A hot vapor stream with WS is still hot.

5 Likes

Awesome. Good to know. Thanks!

4 Likes

Thank you!

4 Likes

Good to know it can mute at too high quantity. I think I might have done that in some of.my.earlier attempts. I think before I was starting tooo high then subtracting. Makes sense to start small and build up.

4 Likes

Yeah, I dont like when the tempeture is hot. Its not as satisfying to me as coool.

5 Likes

Welcome and glad you joined.

4 Likes

You can always turn your wattage down to cool down your vape. Because a coil is rated X to XX doesn’t mean you have to vape there. It’s just a suggestion not a rule. Start low and work your wattage up till you get the draw you are comfortable with. It will probably extend your coil life too.

5 Likes

Just a matter of interest what devices are you using and Welcome

2 Likes

Currently I am using Uwell Crown B, 0.3 ohm.

The rda i was struggling to get right: geekvape aegis solo 2, with a blaze solo rda.

I have an OXVA Oneo arriving any day now to replace my crown b.

4 Likes