Pod systems future of vaping?

Got a minifit for 10 euros, and it works really well with some recipes. It looks like it would be easy enough to rebuild the disposable pods or for manufacturer to make properly rebuildable ones ( pyrex chimney and screws rather than clip)
Does it replace my other devices, not at all. Still mostly use my serpent SMM on top a Pico 25, TC being the selling point.
For a quick vape it is perfectly ok, and you don’t fog up the whole queue/room as added benefit. I really like the Taro Card in there. Need to make more.

5 Likes

No they are not , the only advantage to a pod is the delivery of nicotine , and the size . As for flavor its limited .

6 Likes

Economically, pod systems /close system would make more money for the manufacturer, so I think manufacturers will try to make it a better system but still keeping customers back for coils/ cartridges/ etc.

Pod might be the future of vaping IMHO, but I hope manufacturers won’t throw the development of dual/ triple batt tc /mech/ VV/VW mod and rebuildable atomizers in their future.

3 Likes

If big tobaccos decide they want to enter vaping,pods would be their choice too, I think. Like what altria did with juul. That way they could control more portions of vape market than just a one time sale.

3 Likes

Yes. Without question.

In my opinion, Even if one was looking at it solely from the viewpoint of “trading one addiction for another”… Salts should still be a far cry better than smoking, for the reasons I cited in the last post (lack of tar, etc).

Time will tell though.

6 Likes

:+1::facepunch::ok_hand::wink::heart::smile::heart_eyes::kissing_heart:
Just checking lol

3 Likes

I just switched over to salts from freebase, I still run 3mg nic in all my normal tanks and haven’t really noticed any difference other than it being a little smoother, but with salts I can also use my berserker and my ammit mtl rda more, with a 8mg nic level which I couldn’t do with freebase(anything over 3mg freebase makes me choke like a first time bong hit lol).

Are there other concerns I’m not aware of other than the strength? I did a little research before I switched, but the only negatives I saw were due to the strength of pod juices, should I have dug a little deeper? Your freaking me out sparky lol

5 Likes

I was a dual user (vaping and smoking) for over 4 years before I finally found something that worked to get me over the hump so to speak. I had tried ta large assortment of tanks, squonkers, RDAs, all kinds of juices, trying to find something that would work. The Boulder Rock pod system using high mg nic salt juice is what finally did it for me. I’ve been smoke free for almost a year now. I chose the Rock because I could rebuild the pods and refill it as I didn’t want a device that I would constantly have to buy new pods for. Using the Minifit now which is easier to rebuild.

The Minifit is what I grab when I go out the door. My squonkers and other mods stay at home where I use them the most. I really don’t think pod systems will go away anytime soon, or at all. They are great tool to help quit smoking and for quick nic fixes. I’m definitely an advocate of them.

5 Likes

Sorry bud! Didn’t mean to.
Just tossing my thoughts on the general subject (of pods, and salts by way of association, since that’s all I ever hear mentioned with them).

Without risking a derail, I’ll just ask "if you knew you were good at 3mg, why would you increase the strength to 8mg?

To me, with my way of thinking (and with my goals), that makes it easier to become closer to dependancy (or heavier reliance) on nic again.
That gives me pause for concern.

For others “continued vaping” after having achieved the goal of having stopped tobacco use may be the goal. /shrug

It’s all relative brother! Don’t let me make you nervous! As long as you are happy with where you are at, it’s all good right? :wink:

5 Likes

I don’t want to use a pod system because I don’t need nor want the increased nic. I am quite happy at 3mg. I plan to get to zero nic sooner or later.

I started at 36mg/ml and took me around 18 months to get down the .3.

More power to those that get something out of pods. But it’s to much nic and too pricey for my liking

2 Likes

Ah ok lol I went up because I loved the way my berserker and ammit mtl rda vaped, but found myself chain vaping a whole squonk bottle because 3mg at 10-15 watts is not as satisfying as 3mg at 40 watts and above (where i usually vape).

4 Likes

I hear both these… loud and clear!

I was a dual user also for a while. I noticed vaping High mg nic salts did take away the craving for real cigs, but it didn’t alter my mind like real cigs did. Vaping gave a slight stimulant rush like a strong cup of coffee. That’s all I got from vaping nicotine.

But as soon as I would switch back to cigs. From the very fist drag, it felt like a wave of fog enveloped my whole mind. Sorta like a mental and emotional pain releif a - not caring feeling along with the stimulate. Vaping nicotine alone never gave me the mind altering change that real cigs did.

That’s what made me decide to stay with vaping only, and finally put the cigs away forever. I decided that whatever other chemicals along with the tar was too much more addictive harmful and mind altering - just plain EVIL, compared to vaping.

So - From my experiences dual using. Im pretty sure if they did real-time brain imaging of both Vaping and real cigs. They would find that real cigarettes trigger more brain receptors, but also alter other parts of the mind compared to just vaping nicotine alone.

If they do have that kind of information and fail to release it. It’s only because it would be to damning to their agenda - vilifying vaping, while keeping the more dangerous real cigarettes stocked in every store. SMH

4 Likes

Ammoniated tobacco :skull_and_crossbones: + a host of other crap!

“Tobacco manufacturers discovered that adding ammonia (and other crap) to the cigarette manufacturing process helped convert bound nicotine molecules in tobacco smoke into free nicotine molecules by raising their pH. This process is known as “freebasing.” Similar to the chemical process of freebasing cocaine, the end result is an enhanced effect of the drug on the user.”

Interesting and scary read:

7 Likes

I knew tobacco companies added stuff butt never even crossed my mind they screwed with the nicotine molecules

4 Likes

My question would be what the additives are in a pod system. A now two year old study from Harvard showed that nicotine, all by itself, exhibited no addictive properties. It appears to be the only study ever done on nicotine addiction that did not use tobacco as the carrier. Which apparently was their point. That study, released in 2017, has been well buried and, as far as I know, not yet repeated by peers for confirmation of the results.

5 Likes

From what I’ve read… the addition of benzoic acid to freebase nicotine… and then the typical PG, VG and flavoring.

3 Likes

For a closed pod system it is as @Kinnikinnick states. But there are a ton of refillable pod system that uses a Nautilus BVC style coil or the pod maker’s device will use a Nautilus coil.

I’m using a shorter version of the Nautilus that ohms at .6 and is mesh. The juice I’m using is what I made, so I know exactly what’s in it. And because the coil is mesh the flavor is on point.

4 Likes

I think pods are a key part of vaping’s future. It has nothing to do with pods vs open systems, or freebase vs salts. It has nothing to do with BT, BP, and whoever may be in bed with them It’s about getting present smokers to take the easiest, and least complicated path to trying vaping as a less harmful alternative.

We’re not winning the truth vs media mis-information war. We’re being annihilated, badly. The anti vaping crowd is well funded, and as we know, they will spew lies and falsehood as the gospel, without blinking an eye.

It may be too little, too late at this stage, but I think as many people as possible need an easy way to make the switch. Trying to get a smoker to deal with tanks, leaks, coils, mods, batteries, juice, and slimy fingers is a very tough sell. I know we all made it through those speed bumps, but I think they need the convenience factor.

Easy to obtain, no more expensive than their present smokes, pull it it of the pocket, press the button, and go. The hump from smoking to vaping has to be as small as possible.

If they are successful, they will be our positive word of mouth. They will be as thrilled and proud as we were, when we got over the hump and told everyone we could, that we had finally kicked the cigs. They will tell their co-workers, when they’re out for their ‘smoke break’. They will spread the word on whatever social media they use.

Once they see that it works, then they can decide if they want to dive in a little deeper. Gear that’s a little more advanced, and saving money with DIY, etc. Right now, vaping needs the general public’s support. Make it easy for as many of them as possible, to switch.

I hope they sell a bazillion pods.

16 Likes

Nominated “Post of the Day”

11 Likes

Seeing as how people aren’t able to wean themselves off of nicotine using pod systems I think it’s more the future of smoking than it is the future of vaping.
I was a really heavy smoker started diy at 18mg and a few years later I’m at 1.
people who use pods are restricted to the amount of nicotine the company wants to sell and they don’t sell many options so I don’t think it’s a good smoking cessation device just what cigarettes will become.

2 Likes