Pod systems future of vaping?

I have been seeing a lot of different pod systems lately. Why are they becoming so popular now. The pods are nearly as expensive as cigarettes. Almost like the old cigalike prefilled cartridges. Or refilling them very often.

What I am really wondering is does anyone think the pod systems are being the furture of vaping or just a fad or something in between that.

5 Likes

Blame it on JUUL , lol i dont think its the future of vaping , but I do think its a great tool for people wanting to quit smoking ā€¦ I couldnt switch over to pod systems I like flavors too much and the layering in recipes ā€¦

6 Likes

I started on a cigalike that had almost no flavoring. I switched from white cloud back when we could still vape inside malls to a aspire Atlantis 2 and ipv istick 40 watt TC and never looked back.

6 Likes

Ill have to send you a pick of what i started vaping on ,i dont even remember the name . I know it didnā€™t stop me from smoking at all , but there is a big difference from the older cigalike and Pod systems , plus the salt nic used these daysin those pods ā€¦

Lmao i had about 30 or more of those cartomizers one for each juice , and about 5 of the bottom parts lol

3 Likes

If it is down to the tobacco industry it will be the future of vaping. Very easy to develop as a closed system.
Juul is already merged with a tobacco company and in the US they are dying to get rid of flavours :nauseated_face:

5 Likes

Marlboro merged with juul. And Iā€™m Iā€™m quite sure the US government just wants vaping gone same with all the big tobacco companies.

3 Likes

If it is taken over by the tobacco industry and people lose control over what they can put in it so they can make sure it is as addictive and harmful as smoking, guberment wonā€™t have a problem with it.
Sick and addicted people=money.
It seems to me they just have a problem with the healthier option.

7 Likes

Iā€™m gonna call it a fad. The people that Iā€™ve run into using a pod see what Iā€™m using and want to know how to get into what Iā€™m doing. If it gets people of cigs then great, but eventually they will either quit or grow up. :open_mouth:

5 Likes

I just had a friend give me a Sorin Air and some 50ml nic juice! Sounds kind of high as I vape 3 all the time. Iā€™m going to try it maybe as a good stealth vape =)

2 Likes

I used pens to quit smoking, and I learned that I donā€™t like replacing but rebuilding. The concept of to quit smoking, Juuls are great, but they should stay as such, a MTL starter for smokers to quit. Not for youngins to start ā€œbecause its cooler than smokingā€.

4 Likes

IMO, thereā€™s two reasons.
First, itā€™s a niche that hasnā€™t really been fully realized. The large push of product in that domain is due to #2.

Second, manufacturers appear to run in cycles (and thereā€™s a LOT of ā€œkeeping up with the Jonesā€ in this industry).

I think that pods are going to be a great alternative for some smokers to quit. But I think those who find they need something to continue the hand-to-mouth, or find the sheer enjoyment of flavor appealingā€¦ Itā€™s largely a trasistional tool into the devices we use.

For those who never planned to quit, but wanted something healthier, I donā€™t believe that a pod would be sufficient, unless they were a very casual smoker. JMHO and YMMV!

8 Likes

To quit vaping ? Or smoking ? Sorry if I missed the answer ā€¦

but wanted something healthier, I donā€™t believe that a pod would be sufficient,

Healthier than smoking ? Sorry bro om not understanding this ā€¦

3 Likes

He is talking about people who never really wanted to quit smoking but found out that a pod system will give them something close to the MTL hit of a cig

5 Likes

Warning : Do Not Take Medication that you are Not use too and try to communicate especially thru text lol ty for clarification ā€¦I thought he was saying that that if a person wanted to quit smoking for something healthier that a POD wouldnt be sufficient.

3 Likes

Pod system might be a good transition device for people who wants to vape but not get into the more advanced stuff right away.

When he said it isnā€™t sufficient I took that as itā€™s pod system would be more of a short-term device rather than a long-term

5 Likes

Either. :wink:

But since itā€™s not obvious for ā€œnever planned to quit vapingā€, Iā€™ll say this: I think if/once someone enjoys vaping for the sake of vaping, they are not looking for the head-spin (or nic-salts ā€˜rushā€™), and therefore have no need for a pod (or salts).

Yes. :slight_smile:

To expand on things, I never planned on quitting vaping. I figure 95% safer (vaping) is good enough, and I get to keep a habit that I enjoy, and is minimal risk in my opinion.

The goal for me was to eliminate the ā€œhastening of death by painful and costly meansā€.

• Tar: gone.
  • Hundreds of known carcinogens: gone.
  • Thousands of chemicals designed and chemically formulated to enslave the mind AND body: gone.

I donā€™t ā€œblameā€ anyone who tries salts to get off/away from their immediate dependancy to tobacco products. But I think itā€™s a serious step backwards for anyone who has gotten past the physical cravings stage, and has been reliably served by ā€˜freebaseā€™ nicotine.
To me, itā€™s one thing to look for the ā€œhot new thingā€ when it comes to hardware, or accessories. But IMO nicotine should not be confused as a candidate for that category.

Pharmacological grade nicotine has been around, and in use (albeit limited applications) for decades (as I understand it from what Iā€™ve read). Whereas salts is a recent ā€œchemical concoctionā€ designed solely with the intent of boosting/heightening the perceived effect(s) of the nicotine rush.

Part of my outlook comes from ā€œif it ainā€™t broke, donā€™t fix itā€.
The other part comes from ā€œI already know I canā€™t trust engineers with a vested interest, and history of chemically engineering a product hinged on dependancy.ā€

13 Likes

It probably might not be the future of vaping, but I think that things like the minifit and co. will widen the choice and will find its place in our hobby.
At first I gave my wife to try my Subohm (Kangertech at the time) didnā€™t work,my faultā€¦ pushed too hard! Then I went to a Pico/Nautilus fancy sleeve (you know womenā€¦) worked for about two weeks, she kept on smokingā€¦ after a couple of years, now I gave her a minifit and sheā€™s at 30% vaping 70% smoking, clearly i have to look after her for refills charging, coils and so forth, hoping that sooner or later sheā€™ll give up analogues, but at least it seems that started working.

So that made me think, pod systems (serious doubts about salts nicotine and consequent addiction) helps you give up smoking, after this you can choose to quit all together or start vaping (seriously) with a decent setupā€¦

So from my point of view itā€™s not one or the other, itā€™s just enlarging the choice.

8 Likes

But you do think vaping salt nic is safer than smoking ya ? Or are you unsure due to it being the nrw thing ?

6 Likes

Not for me I donā€™t want to have to buy pods or coils and I have never vaped one but I am sure it canā€™t be no where as good in flavor and vapor production as a good RDA

6 Likes

Honestly I think it is just a fad for the vaping industry. Something new for people to buy. Instead of a long term investment, here is the short term piece of crap they can pawn off on new vapers. Do I agree with it, no. They are cheap pieces of plastic that will probably after a month break. forcing you to buy a new one.

If you are going to do this right then you need the air flow or draw of a cigarette at first. Then tamper your way down if you intend to actually quit. A lot of people get discouraged at first, but are influenced by people like Rip Trippers, Mike Vapes, etc. ā€œOH, THIS IS THE LATEST BEST THING OUT THERE!!! OHHHH, GOTTA HAVE IT!ā€

Really all you need is a reliable firing mod and a good device. I still use RDTAā€™s and love every bit of the flavor out of them. I still use my old school Medusaā€™s every day. I love the flavor that comes out of them. You can get a superb setup for under $60 bucks now including juices. That setup also has stood the test of time and keeps on kicking.

8 Likes