Pokemon Go

lol , if it wasnt for my children i wouldnt have even considered playing , the excitement they show when a pokemon comes up is something i wouldnt trade for the world so ill continue to play when i can with them , but you wont catch me out at 3am i the morning bc thats when some of the good ones come out lol

I have 2 little girls myself, theyā€™re not so into Pokemon but I know the youngest would try go chasing them if she knew about it. That worries me a bit, that sheā€™d go wandering off in search of some rare pokemon on her own!

1 Like

she would need a phone i hope nobody is going out to find any that way , but i understand the concern ,

She has a tablet she got for Christmas, is P:GO on phone only?

1 Like

yes as of now it is only compatible with phones

1 Like

Safe enough for now then, neither of them have phones ā€¦ yet

1 Like

Ingress might work on her device. Itā€™s the original AR game by Niantic Labs. I havenā€™t played in ages, but if youā€™re in a more rural or suburban area, you might not find much on foot. In larger cities you can walk around and play, but where I am you pretty much have to drive to different areas where there are clusters of ā€œportalsā€.

2 Likes

I used to play it. Am familiar with it, infact i told my gf about it the day we were trying to do this. My area is fairly populated. Most restraunts, all churches, stores, parks, schools etc are portals along with all major landmarks.

1 Like

My 19 year old daughter and I are both waiting for it to come to Canada. Hopefully it will be real soon. Found this on Facebook today.

5 Likes

Lol. Just lol.

1 Like

i saw that as well very funny , then you have the haters who sit at home and ignore life but think going out and playing this are silly

1 Like

Reinstalled ingress and found out somebody in my neighborhood has an antique stoplight on their mailbox- it is a portal, and it was unclaimed so we took a walk over there two streets over and got it :stuck_out_tongue: there is a few others nearby but i am only L2, they were taken by L8/L7 so i cant takemā€¦ Lol sucks being so low when most stuff around is all high. Oh well least i have my one portal :stuck_out_tongue:

@fidalgo_vapes Or thereā€™s people who are very active and out and about a lot, and would see this as ruining a good walk or run ā€¦ different strokes and all that. Donā€™t be judgey :smiley:

1 Like

i dont think so , i guess anyone without respect could ruin someone elses time i tend to think positive so id hope if there was someone jogging or walking the GO player would step out of the way since they dont have to be in an exact spot
to catch the pokemon

it always seems that whenever there is a new craze eapecially for the younger crowds it seems to get picked apart in a negative outlook , for me itvwas something the fam could get out and do as a group that would interest the kids as well

1 Like

Not to get all conspiracy on this, but last night on the news (local) they mentioned how the game is going rampant (viral), then mentioned that many people have noticed the permissions that they are allowing via the app are basically giving up everything from full google account access to federal eavesdropping.
Personally I took the app back off my phone, Iā€™m not really sure though but it seemed to drain off the battery, at least I think it was that app, checking it out now, that and the phone kept freezing up yesterday. Thought I would give it a day or two and see.

1 Like

That is true. Iā€™m not against it, it just isnā€™t for me. I hope the kids who are more adventerous play safely though, thereā€™s already stories about of muggers using the app to lure victims into secluded spots :confused:

1 Like

There have been reports in my area the last few days of young girls being ā€œstalkedā€ by creepy, slow-moving cars. I wonder how many are just PokĆ©mon Go players slow-rolling through the hoodā€¦

3 Likes