Pokemon Go

anyone playing this ??? my 5 and 3 1/2 year old want me to go play with them , so i am going to today , i never play video games but this is different its interactive , if anyone else is playing ill be posting here and taking suggestions and tips

Donā€™t know a thing about itā€¦ just keep in mind that your kids will beat you badly :slight_smile:

3 Likes

thats why we are playing as a team , its only available on the phone as of now

I downloaded it yesterday for about 30 minutes. Lol. Just to see what all the hubub was about. Its cool in concept but very unstable and buggy. I gave up and deleted it after it froze multiple times while trying to catch a couple. Sad i wish it did work, i probably would play it if it worked better. The park near me is a large area for soccer, football, and baseball fields and there are lots of ā€˜wildā€™ pokemon over there along with pokestore and a gym, also many up the main street outside my neighborhood. I just got fed up having to restart as it kept freezing as soon as a pokemon would suck into the pokeball itd just stop working and lose connection ectā€¦

1 Like

yes thats what i have read , it is very new hopefully they will fix bugs quick i could see this turning into alot of money for the company

1 Like

Thought itd be something fun for my girlfriend and i to do when we go for walks and such but it isnt compatible with her straighttalk galaxy S4 (android 4.3, game requires 4.4+) so that idea didnt work out either.

1 Like

thats sucks cant she update her software ??? im not sure i have LG and they have updates for older phones

1 Like

My phone is a cheaper LG Risio and it has android 6 on it. Mine is a Cricket phone, StraightTalk sucks they hardly ever update.

1 Like

my phone is pretty old i use to always get the new greatest phone , but that money goes into vape stuff lol

1 Like

Iā€™m seeing this all over FB, I think my kids would have fun with it. I might have to give into the craze and check it out. I would have never imagined that I would ever consider playing a pokemon gameā€¦ Lol!

3 Likes

Now I know what my daughter will be asking me to download for her next! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

the family is going out in about an hour ill update and let everyone know the experiance , im not expecting perfection bc its new im hoping to interact with young ones

2 Likes

just returned home and we had alot of fun , if there is multiple phones it would be easier for everyone to see the entire process , but we had a blast , there is a few glitches like @mikelej14 said but once those are fixed it will be great . i live in a small town and was shocked to see how many people were walking around findinv pokemon , we will go back to battle more lol

2 Likes

Have fun and be careful out there!
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/pokƩmon-go-armed-robbers-use-game-to-lure-players-into-trap/ar-BBu9Kwo?li=BBnbfcL

3 Likes

My step daughter just ā€œdisappearedā€ for about 15 minutes, when she walked back in the door, I asked her where she had gone off toā€¦ she told me about the game, and she had just gone out to find one of the items, and was showing me what it looked like on her phoneā€¦ looks interesting. I already geocache and she was saying it was a little similar to it. I remembered reading this thread earlier today and kinda just shrugged it offā€¦ but thought I would come back here and re-read it.
Iā€™ll probably d/l it shortly, might be interesting if I do some more traveling. But it doesnā€™t look like Iā€™ll be going anywhere for a few weeks.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve been playing with my girlfriend and daughter. Pretty fun times. Gets you out of the house, gets you moving around and you get to run strategies against other people and their ā€œgymsā€.
Iā€™ve given my 17 yr old daughter the speech about her surroundings and she often goes out with our dogsā€¦80lb pit bull and 150lb presa canarioā€¦
I highly recommend this game to people who wanna get out of the house and need a good reason.
Fun stuffā€¦:slight_smile:

2 Likes

there is always a scam with everything , id love to have some punks try to lure me just for fun , it will be self defense for me lol

1 Like

im playing with my three and five year old so we are moving a little slow but they are loving it my fiancebis having a blast

1 Like

That is the world we live in it seems.Just about anything can be used for evil if someone wants it bad enough and if we donā€™t pay attention to our surroundings.I think the game sounds like fun and I would have no reservations playing at all!
Definitely not trying to scare anyone, just making people aware that some punks could use it as well.

2 Likes

I;ve given it a go, itā€™s more a walk aimlessly about your area than an interactive game. I didnā€™t feel any thrill when I found a rat-a-tat or pidgey at least, lol ā€¦ Youā€™d have to be dense to begin with to wander off down dark alleyways just to try catch some virtual monster.