Polar Blast, FA

That’s awesome! Thanks so much! I already have the saline but everything else will have to wait until after Christmas. As for the Polar Blast though, if it accomplishes anything similar to all of our other tricks all in one bottle, then of course I’ll try that too but it’s always great to have many different angles for different flavors.

The added bonus being that there are very few bum flavours from FA so that fills me with confidence.
Can’t wait to get mine to try out and it won’t be long till you can get your concentrate order in!

1 Like

Hiya, Lolly, no I haven’t posted them yet, I haven’t had much chance to get the lay of the land but I will do happily, thank you for the tip

1 Like

Hello, Pugs, I am sorry I forgot to mention that I have never used koolada so I am unsure if there is any resemblance really? (After reading koolada description) I guess if koolada has a menthol note/is menthol then no, there is no hint of anything like menthol but my goodness it is a cooling blast similar to a good strong menthol. And I think the blast aftertaste lasts longer than just about any flavour I have used, It could help those looking to cut back a little between vapes. I can’t imagine anyone would be disappointed especially if you want the cooling effect without altering your flavour. I hope this helps.

2 Likes

Hello, Chewy, does saline bring out a flavour in a similar way to adding a shake of salt would, or is that too simplified? Thank you

I see champagne flavouring on here quite abit,whats the effect when its mixed with koolada?

Fizzy cold is what I get, not quite as harsh as koolada but the 2 together work well IMO :+1::ok_hand:

Good little tip,il remember that.cheers.

1 Like

@Harriot
Yes
What I have found so far with saline is that it really makes the flavours pop, especially bakery flavours and nuts but it seems to help fruits also.
Doesn’t seem to work as well with creams and custards but maybe it needs a higher ratio?
I currently use only 1 drop per 10ml but will need to try and see what 2 drops per 10ml is like? But at 1 drop I get no salty taste to it.
Also seems to add a moistness to the mix.

Hrmm…anyone know what the chemical is that they use? I’m guessing it’d be the same as koolada (koolada is Menthyl Methyl Lactate from what I can find). I’d love something that uses a different chemical cuz I’m allergic to koolada. :frowning:

I have tried it and it is definately better than Koolada, but I am not a good judge in that way as I hated Koolada…antifreeze to me.
It is good in that it doesnt effect the flavour profile at all, it is bad in that it is surprisingly for FA pretty weak, I found I had to go to 3-4% to get a proper cold feel. All it has concluded for myself personally is that I just dont want to vape stuff with a cold/cooling effect be it anise/menthol/koolada/polar blast but if you are somebody that does, polar blast it definately worth a try

Have you looked at hiliq cooling agent? I get no menthol from it all. It’s my favoite other than ice cold from bakers flavors.

I have orders something called cyber fresh from some French company. should actually be resting in my mailbox as we speak :slight_smile: Should be something different from “normal” koolada. I’ll report back when I get to try I out.

1 Like

Will look forward to your findings.

With regards to the Polar Blast I have found it less harsh than Koolada.
Found the sweet spot for me @ 3% which adds a nice smooth coolness to the mix.
Pretty sure it is the same chemical make up of Koolada but smoother? Would love to know if it is?

allright… first impression. no odor. hard to describe taste from finger sample. kind of menthol but tstill not menthol. I mixed up a test recipe I think I will let it steep for 2-3 days

Has anyone experienced this getting all nasty in your tank? I’m using unflavored 100 vg and added two to three drops twice now to a clean subtank and after an hour the tank has some nasty looking white substance all over the inside. I’m trying to narrow an allergy and am enjoying the way it feels but it just doesn’t look right to inhale whats floating in there.

It might be because you’re adding the drops direct to tank so they aren’t being shaken to mix in with the vg. Just an idea and I haven’t actually used it so am not much help really :joy::+1:

1 Like

I actually did shake the tank the second time for a minute. Maybe you need to be really conservative on the amount added. I’m using it at 30 watts so I’ll guess heat speeds up the reaction. Had to completely dump and clean my tank out after sitting overnight. Thanks for replying.

1 Like

@Buhhh
If I am reading this correctly? You are mixing this up directly in your tank?
If so I would recommend to mix up in a bottle and give it a good mix. You might experience totally different, and better results.
A great result can be found @ 1% which adds a very smooth cooling effect very similar to menthol! but without the menthol or any mint taste.
Love this stuff already!
For the record I have found no white residue on using theis concentrate?

1 Like

Yeah, in the tank. Wanted to give it a try as soon as I got it in the mail. I’ll try it the right way and let it sit.

1 Like