Polar Blast, FA

New flavour released from Flavour Art, Polar Blast.
The e- mail reads,

I am typing as the latest addition to FlavourArt’s excellent enhancer range is being stacked on the shelves!
If you want to cool an existing liquid, or are blending something that needs an extra chill factor, look no further,
Polar Blast delivers big time. I tried a few drops in a Strawberry mix I was vaping and it was like snowboarding
naked…without the snowboard!! Supercool without distorting the flavours, and created without Menthol.

Has anyone used this yet?
Be interested to know if it is a Koolada type enhancer?

4 Likes

Sounds like something I can use in my smoothie and milkshake recipes. I’m keeping an eye on that one. Thanks for posting.

4 Likes

Interesting! Does sound koolada-ish from the description but who knows! Thanks for the heads-up @chewy👍

3 Likes

Yeah I’m definitely on the look out for any tricks to make things feel colder. Once this gets into the data base I’ll have to add it to my shopping list on here. Thanks for the heads up!

1 Like

I’m deffo up fer a bit o’ that !
I do like me an FA concentrate !

2 Likes

yes it does but if i cld get rid of koolada and replace it with an FA product that does the same im all for it

2 Likes

Hiliq.com also has one called cooling effect that works really good as well!

1 Like

Me too - do love an FA concentrate:-)

3 Likes

Hello, everyone. I thought I would begin my journey here by adding to this Polar Blast thread.
I received the same email as the OP and like everybody else decided to give it a try.
Last night I followed the “add a few drops” in a similar way to John at FA.
I added 7 drops to a Subtank Mini of FA Cola and left it overnight. I wasn’t sure what to expect after reading there is no menthol used in the Polar Blast and a sniff of the concentrate in the bottle gives nothing away at all.
Trying my enhanced Cola after lunch has been a wonderful surprise, the Cola does not appear to be altered in any way other than the addition of the blast! and it really is a blast. It feels just like when you step outside on a frosty morning and the first breath bites your throat and reminds you to pull your scarf up to your nose, it’s a proper coolness but without a hint of menthol or mint.
I thought initially I had perhaps gone a touch overboard as the first two or three vapes almost made me cough but now it seems about right and is just refreshing.
I am looking forward to playing with this enhancer especially as it needs no time to develop, a huge plus I am sure you’ll agree.
I can only think of one downside and that is that it wasn’t around during the summer months, I am envious of those living closer to the equator :rage:

4 Likes

Welcome Harriot!

Thanks so much for posting your notes on this - sounds like another winner for FA! :+1:

2 Likes

Just a thought…have you popped your notes under the flavour over on the recipe side? I love reading other people’s take on a flavour and I’m guessing I’m not the only one who does (or am I? lol) :smiley:

4 Likes

So is this NOT koolada?..

1 Like

No its new from fa,i got the same email.sounds like their version of koolada but you know its gonna be better because its fa.

1 Like

I hope it’s using a different chemical or taste trick or what ever it is about Koolada. I like Koolada a lot but it’s hard to get the real frosty feeling, without also getting a dryness and sometimes a bitter bite to the flavor you’re trying to chill.

1 Like

I use half koolada and half champagne to get that cool feeling in all my ‘Ade’ liquids, works well

4 Likes

Right now I’m using 2-3% Pear FA, .5-1% Cactus and .5-1% Koolada for a jello/juice cup kind of effect. Still struggling to get any popsicle or smoothie kind of chill. This is complicated by my younger boy who swears he can taste menthol with koolada but then, he vapes at 4X the wattage I do.

2 Likes

@Mizzz_Z_Hobbit try a few drops of Cap cucumber in any menthol or mint mixes it helps add moistness also maybe 1 drop per 10 ml of saline solution?

2 Likes

I will definitely add this to my notes and the Champagne as well, thanks! Do you use the regular saline from the pharmacy? Is there a certain strength I should get? I have some in my first aid kit but it’s got dye in it and maybe other wound related stuff, I’m not sure, lol.

WAIT! I have two! One is a bio cleanser with the dye and other stuff and one is Simply Saline by Arm and Hammer. It says .9% saline. Nothing else. Is this the right stuff?

@Mizzz_Z_Hobbit
Yes that’s the stuff
Avoid anything with dyes!
The pharmacy will have sterile saline solution at 0.9% and it is well worth having at your disposal!
There was a thread on its uses a while back and again recently with a peanut recipe that was released by a manufacturer.
At first I was sceptical but now I find I have been adding a drop to a few of my mixes and it does help withe the moistness and flavour.
The cucumber is a godsend in menthol/ mint recipes and really does add a great moistness to them without adding any discernible cucumber green taste.

1 Like