POLL The juice you vape

I thought I would attempt to create a poll after reading some of the responses received from a topic I had started, might be interesting. There is nothing wrong with only vaping store bought juice, if that is what you do, that is what you do.

Rules of the game:

1. If you have only recently started diy of creating or mixing recipes, still consider the whole last year.
  2. If you have just recently started vaping, still consider the whole last year.
  3. If you get samples to try from a vendor and vape it, consider that as being purchased.
  4. If you exchange juice with other diy mixers Do Not consider that as purchased.

Consider the last 12 months and please submit what best fits you as a vapor, whom purchases e-liquid.

• I only vape store purchased juice (100% purchased)
  • I usually vape store purchased juice (about 75% purchased)
  • I purchase about Ā½ my juice from a store (about 50% purchased)
  • I regularly try store purchased juice, but usually vape my own (about 75% made)
  • I only vape juice that I personally make or another diy mixer creates (100% made)

0 voters

9 Likes

Full disclosure: I voted 100%. But in reality, my number is closer to 95% at this point. I had to round up, but my conscience required me to acknowledge ā€œthe earliest daysā€ lol :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :laughing:

5 Likes

Iā€™m like @Sprkslfly. I do buy juice from a local shop when something strikes my fancy. Iā€™m probably closer to 98% DIY / 2% store bought. Itā€™s also good to show a little support for a local shopā€¦ hope they can keep the doors open.

4 Likes

Occasionally I find I deal I canā€™t pass up.
Case in point, I got 150 ml of one of my favorite retail juices for $20.
It came in a 120 ml and 30 ml glass dripping bottle that will be used later for DIY.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve only bought juice once chubby bubbles watermelon. Other than that I made all my own juices and got some my friends made. I started vaping in October 2016 so some of my juice is finally good and steeped

2 Likes

voted 50/50 but only because the last 6 months it is 100% all DIY and before that it was 100% store bought. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I started DIY to bring the cost of vaping down as much as possible, currently at around Ā£1-Ā£2 a 30ml compared to the Ā£16 I was spending on store bought, doubt ill ever buy ready made again

5 Likes

I voted 100% as well because itā€™s so rare that Iā€™ll buy any. Itā€™s probably more like 98% DIY.

3 Likes

I am pretty much in the 99% since I did buy a juice last summer and the summer before that. Otherwise strictly mix and vape my own.

3 Likes

I am proud to say I havnt purchased a store juice since late 2015! I started diy and made horrible mixes at first and ended up vaping unflavored for around 10 months but now I have this awesome community who has helped me get back on the flavor track and I am loving it!

6 Likes

Like I said before, nothing wrong with buying store juice. I was just curious on how much of what people vape is store purchased. Just like there is nothing wrong with people that come to this site and donā€™t even mix anything of their ownā€¦ I didnā€™t want to create the poll as a right or wrong thing, nor as a outlet for saying I vape more than you vape or I mix more than you mix. That would be like making a poll of ā€œHow many flavors do you ownā€¦ā€ If your happy with only 5 flavors because your happy with what your making with 5 flavors and donā€™t need more, you have no reason to have 50 or 100 or 250+ flavorings.
I just found it interesting is all.

6 Likes

We need a ā€œ85% of my juice came from @Skullblade789ā€ option.

He has made me lazy. I havenā€™t mixed anything in a few weeks. :joy:

9 Likes

lol I made so (too) many batches and testers late last year (oct nov and dec) I havent mixed any big batches since the end of Dec and probably wont again until the end of March at the earliest. I make 20ml testers so I end up combining 6 testers when I have what I need from the testers for my notes after a month and end up with another 120ml frankentester batch (I have 4 of these steeping and will be combing 6 testers again soon) or 2 or 3 of the testers mixed into smaller ā€˜batchesā€™.

6 Likes

Pop this thread back to the top

1 Like

Neat poll Tut , I voted in the 75% class but like others it in reality would be closer to 98% .I have purchased one store bought juice in the past year as I still havenā€™t got it very close to being cloned.

I have enjoyed the highly provocative underground juice swap from some of the swinging members we have on hereā€¦:scream: :yum: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I have to say we have some amazing mixers here that have shared some pretty damn awesome mixes.I still canā€™t see how more people arenā€™t into DIY , it just blows my mind how expensive store juice is and how easy it is to make your own.

3 Likes

Iā€™ll be honest voted in the 4% (50/50 split between buying and mixing) :joy: I like to try juices from as many companies as possible and give myself some ā€œpremium juicesā€ to refer back to when mixing. To be fair, thereā€™s recipes on here which far exceed even the top brands in the game!

3 Likes

Another bump upā€¦

I have vaped alot of store bought juice in the last 6mts after an operation left me unable to mix.
However, i still use my own juice that was brewed up before then. Still got 2000ml left of various flavours.

3 Likes

I started mixing about 10 or 11 months ago, so technically I had a month or two, maybe three in the last year where I was still buying juice. Havenā€™t bought any more since got my stash of juices stocked. Honestly there are probably two premade juices I would still buy if it wasnā€™t for the cost. But I look at the price tags and canā€™t pull the trigger when I think about all the new flavors I could buy!

6 Likes

I still test juices every time I go to my local vape shop. It gives me ideas for what flavour profiles I like and donā€™t like, and lets me go outside my comfort zone with no cost to me. Itā€™s also been very educational for my palate: try a juice, guess the flavours in it, see how close I am. Every time I do this, I get better at it! Some of it is - I kid you not - one flavouring and a ton of sweetener. It makes me glad that I DIY.

Plus, I absolutely love when someone wants to try my vape and immediately wants to buy it. I get a sort of childish glee when I say that something is a personal creation and isnā€™t sold in stores. The looks I get stroke my ego to no end. :sunglasses:

7 Likes