Pre built coils from china

I purchased these from Amazon… they were cheap. 9.75 these are all 10 pieces in their packs.
These gonna be shit or will I possibly
Get a nice surprise?
Also here’s the cotton I ended up with
This stuff any good?

6 Likes

I buy coils from Coil Clout …They are a little more spendy but one set can be used forever

9 Likes

The best brand for pre made coils from china is coilology. A bit pricey compare to other chinese brands, though.

8 Likes

I’m thinking you should be OK with the cotton, if not, you’ll figure it out by the taste soon enough. Not sure about the coils. Are they supposed to be kanthal, SS, Ni80? I would make sure to dry burn them, rinse and dry burn again to make sure any residual oils are removed.
Fused claptons are easy to make. I’d recommend looking up some YT vids and getting some spools of quality wire.

7 Likes

Muji cotton is pretty good. I prefer Cotton bacon Prime for my rta’s and Goose cotton or Kendo gold for my RDA’s. I personally don’t skimp on coils. I get mine from someone who hand spins them. I find they have better taste and last longer. I’ve never tried those coils before so I can’t say, but I’d run them through a cleaner before use!

5 Likes

Me too! Love the fused Claptons and the aliens. I have some coming in the mail tomorrow :tada::tada:

7 Likes

I just saw those coils are ss316, dry burn those below 15 watts and don’t burn them bright orange. I love ss316 on replay dna mods.

5 Likes

I buy a lot of wire from there to make my coils. Jonathan (I think?) is a nice dude. He’s always running sales there and they carry Mavaton X. I love that stuff, especially for my mesh rebuildables (I don’t really use mesh😆). Even when there isn’t a sale he’s got it set up where there’s a discount for however many rolls. It’s like buy 8 rolls and get 30% off IIRC. Good stuff.

8 Likes

Hi there, just seen your post and I’m wondering why you say ‘don’t dry burn above 15W’ and don’t heat them to a ‘bright orange’ when you burn them in. The reason I ask is because I make all my own coils, mostly SS316, so is there something I need to know? I’m generally MTL/RDL at low wattage, ie 13-17W. Just curious. Am I damaging my health or my coils if I dry burn til bright orange?

2 Likes

Dry burning SS will ruin the wire, potentially melting it. I’d lightly pulse at 15 and slowly work your way up to 20.

3 Likes

Yes, yes, and yes. I’ve done it.

3 Likes

Shit, I didn’t know there was such a difference what the hell should u be burning these at? I’m DL always have been just how I vape…and always higher wattage like 55 min is where I start

Like this isnt high enough I need to push it higher…

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply, I see what you are saying. Not too much of an issue for me as I tend to make spaced coils to be used at low wattages, so minimal pulsing/strumming needed to get them into good order.

3 Likes

Any coils should be dry burned starting low, pinched and pulse and work your way up to get hot spots out. I wouldn’t start them out at 50 watts. 20 then slowly up. Pinch, pulse, strum if you have to with ceramic tweezers. I’ve melted the coils right into dust not paying attention:)

6 Likes

Hehe, I’ve done that.

3 Likes

I wonder why Coil Clout has mech mods and RDAs now? You’d think that they’d know keeping wire and vaping equipment separate is a good thing. What ruined KP is that they were a vapor store not just a wire store. Wire Optim wisely ditched the name Lightning Vapes. I dunno… I just hope that they don’t get in any kind of trouble.

3 Likes