Prebuilt coil differences

Good morning:)). Thank you for the information. I will definitely research this. Have a great dayšŸ˜

2 Likes

@Cutlass92 can you give a link to the rayon that you use?

Iā€™m tired of my cotton bacon getting burned if I go over 75 watts.

1 Like

This is it cheap and easy, I will need to do a write up on how I use it!
Graham Professional Cellucotton Beauty Coil (Rayon fiber) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B018IYY3I4/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_PjeOzbYCCEAM5

3 Likes

Pretty hard to beat the price on rayon. The four pound box for $13 at salleys beauty supply of cellucotton. Is easily enough to pass down to my children and my childrenā€™s children for the purpose of wick. Or you can buy muji direct from them for $3 for 180ct bags. I think they limit you to ten bags. Those are the only two i use now. Muji mostly. 180ct bag of coton pads can easily last you over a year for $3 or longer if you donā€™t waste it or let you wife find it. I feel it is the best quality wick. I would never use anthing else. Ever. I have used brands marketed for vaping before but itā€™s a total waste of money imho. And coils I just make myself. Lately Iā€™ve been enjoying 3x 24g 316l ss core with a tight 30g 316l ss alien wrap. At 5 wraps at 3mm it gives me .1ohm at and is perfectly fills the deck of my pharoah. A great coil. Lasts me about a week after 4 cleanings it goes in the trash. And only takes a couple minutes to make :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love Cotton Bacon as thereā€™s no break-in time.

You will still need to tear off the amount you want to use - unless your coil ID is like 30mm :laughing::laughing:. Theyā€™re big/thick strips :+1:

1 Like

Wow that is a lot of rayon!! And a lot of money savedā€¦Thanksā€¦When you say your coil lasts about a week with 4 clearings. Does that mean you wick it 4 times in a week?

1 Like

Hi Lolly:). Trust me I am going to try both. I already ordered some with my Trollā€¦ThanksšŸŒ¹

1 Like

Quite welcome! I always LOVE helping people!!! YAY!!

2 Likes

i rewick once or twice a day. clean about 4 times a week. with stainless i get them just hot enough to do an initial clean to get them ready for use. never getting them glowing red. for cleaning i heat my coils ā€˜slowlyā€™ at about 25w and give them a dunk about 4 or 5 times in cool distilled water and blow them off and shake em out and reheat between dunks and heat them back up to dry them off. i never get them glowing red because that just degrades them faster. after 4 or so cleanings they start to darken up and they go in the trash. do it so often the process doesnā€™t take long now. i just like to taste fresh juice and not the gunk built up over time i guess. i do not ever recommend cleaning coils this way to anyone as it is potentially dangerous and could cause major damage to person or property if done incorrectly. though i have been doing it like this for a long time now without a problem personally.

i do get lots of people who show me their coils they make and their wicks are brown their coils are black and they just keep on vaping like that. to each their own. i stopped giving my two cents because it becomes sort of a flat earth argument pretty quickly. i will post a picture from my phone of a coil cleaned 5 times i will use once more before it hits the garbage.

1 Like

This is a coil cleaned 5 times now and will be tossed at the end of the day.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a beautifully wrapped Alien-Strong work! When I clean my complex coils, Iā€™ve found if I drip water onto them it works a little better than doing the olā€™ dunkaroo. Then again, Iā€™ve got shaky hands and have doused a mod or two, soā€¦yeah.

3 Likes

Wow that is a lot of wicking but the taste Iā€™m sure is worth it:)). When you say you dunk your coils in water. Do you mean while it or they are still attached to the mod? Also when I pulse my coils is that just pressing a little on the fire button until you climb to about 35 degrees and the coil burns from the inside out? I am getting my troll Rta in the mail today and the peek insulator sits right in between my coils so I canā€™t dry burn at too high a wattage or the insulator will melt. I saw it happen in a review but he was dry burning at 80 degrees when it melted. Anyway thank you so much for your time and helpšŸ˜

1 Like