Preferred steeping method?

Hehe @Dan_the_Man, I hear ya. Some of the best things are discovered after the fact.

4 Likes

I’m very boring.

I mix and simply place in a draw for a minimum of two weeks, shaking daily if I remember.
If I’ve had a bit of a mixing session I tend to sample fruits first,followed by tobaccos and then dairy.

Not a set rule but the minimum of two weeks is.

4 Likes

My gamechanger should be here today. It has taken 5 days to get from Sydney to Adelaide but there has been Christmas break in between. Looking forward to some MF development etc.

10 Likes

Oh, there is gonna be some MotherF’ing development for sure with the GC :grin:

8 Likes

I did find one just in the past few days that benefits from a full 24 hours of “sitting” after homogenization. It is one with a lot of citrus so I believe the benefit comes from airing to get rid of the edgy “acidic” feel.

8 Likes

Do you mind saying what the mix is? I would like to test it. PM would be fine.

This causes me some concern that I may have missed something. I’ve given this a lot of thought lately and the factor that comes to mind is the heating time. When mixing I generally mix several. I put everything in the bottle or flask, cap, and place in the sous for heating to 140. Some may remain in the heated water for 30 minutes or longer before I run the homogenizer. I plan to test this soon but would like to test a mix known to be harsh for the day “settling” time.

While everyone is experiencing very good results in time reduction, nevertheless the cause of vaiances are as yet fully explained. For example (name withheld)

“I’ve just blown my mind, I mixed up a recipe that had taken 3 months to reach it’s potential, and after a GC and USC, it is being vaped an hour later, and it is the same as the 3 month steeped one.Totally unbelievable.”

6 Likes

PM sent. …

7 Likes

I need to do some testing on my end as well. I’m going to try to find something to put in the bottom of my Souse Vide so I can heat all ingredients in a flask prior to homogenizing. I know I am getting some cooling of the VG per only heating it and adding it last.

8 Likes

Just processed a batch by adding everything and then heating followed by homogenization. Turned out very well. May be better than heating vg last. Will have to do more recipes to tell for sure but initial test was great.

9 Likes

Great. I’m still going to mix that because it sounds pretty yummy. :grin: I plan to test heating time and see if there is a difference. Possible but don’t know. Appreciate it.

6 Likes