Premix base liquid percentages

Hi everyone,

This may be a silly question, so apologies, but my maths has never been my strongest point and i am a bit of a newbie!

For a bit of background info I make my liquids 70/30 @ 3mg

To make a premixed base to add ~10% Concentrate (PG based) to, how do I calculate what I need?

Would it be 80/20 at 3.3mg? My rationale is you are adding 10% PG with no nic…

Thanks for your help in advance!

1 Like

Are you wanting to make a base that is just your flavors? If so, you can click the blue wrench on a recipe and click “Make Flavor Base”.

If you’re wanting to make a nic/pg/vg base you could create a ‘test’ recipe, input everything and a dummy flavor, then mix everything but the flavor together. Your rationale for the 80/20 at 3.3 seems sound and would at least get you in the ballpark. The closest I’m getting in the calculator is doing 4mg at 85/15. Doing 3.3mg at 80/20 will only let you make 2.8mg at 30/70 but that seems close enough. More specific math, I can’t offer at the moment cuz I have to run to calculus class. LoL.

3 Likes

If I was going to do what you were doing, and my nicotine was 100mg/ml I would basically mix like the following (I just used Juicy Peach as a reference for whatever your flavor base is/was):

1 Like

Thanks @CallMeTut I was gonna do that. lmao

1 Like

I should have noted also the nic I used was vg based.

1 Like

Thanks to everyone for your help, I think I’m staring to get it now!

If I needed it to be exact I would measure but I do find it a hassle having to get out the gloves and nic every-time with all the other safety precautions!

This really is a great community!

2 Likes

I only have four juices that I do the nic on individually. That’s because I mix them in 240ml batches.

Just in case anyone else views this thread with the same question, I’ve found a solution (excuse the pun) on the web…

http://www.1728.org/mixture.htm

Choose option “C” to calculate the concentration of the final solution, then you are able to change the inputs to see what works for you.

So in my example i would need to make up a premix of 77.8/22.2 (VG/PG) @ 3.333% Which when added to 10% concentrate mix would give a perfect 70/30 @ 3mg!

Hope this helps someone else