..? Premixing! and Cream Base Discussion

Amen to that

1 Like

i couldnt agree more , i actually have been sampling lately single flaves , and two creams together example i took vienna cream and mixed another cream just to see what the pairing is like , but with all that said i dont cook , i cld take a recipe and create it for dinner from scratch but i cant go in the cupboards and find crap to mix and it turn out well , so for me my ultimate goal would be to do what your speaking of , but i have to also be able to use the flaves we all have properly , and while i love your philosophy im not sure that approach can always be achieved considering if i want a cake i cant go in my flaves and grab butter , flour , eggs , oil etc , so i grab a cakestone or some other cake flavoring and build to it but i get what your saying

2 Likes

ahhhh ok perfect explanation ty for the knowledge lmao

2 Likes

Hey Lolly. Back! I actually began by creating the ā€œStone Series | Cream Baseā€ on here by ckemist.

It was great, but a little too heavy for my preference. I wanted to do without going for a custard, or bavarian cream-- but I used it, because I ran out of vanilla swirl in the process of premixing that base, lol.

I briefly overviewed the milkstone, fruitstone, and cakestone recipes, but I havenā€™t checked out the creamstones yet.

I kept looking for ā€œbasesā€ but didnā€™t think in a logical sense to put the right keywords!

Youā€™re right though, It seemed that the creams were fighting eachother. I had to go through so many more tests
to figure things out, haha.

1 Like

Fidalgo, I appreciate that you took the time to point that out! I will definitely keep this in mind.

Butter cream goes great! & I love vienna cream. It has that right ā€œlightā€ and sugary balance to a cream, and it all ties in well with fresh cream. I need more vanilla swirl by the way, lol.

I will have to try this for a deeper/darker flavor mix. Thanks a lot for your feedback brother! It means a lot.

1 Like

I have FA marshmallow, but I havenā€™t mixed it in much.
Iā€™ve usually kept itsā€™ % at .50, but if I can recall, it kind of
flattened out the other flavors a bit. or ā€œsmoothenedā€ them

Iā€™m not quite sure but it does have a strong body to it though.:triumph:

Iā€™d like to try to pick up TFA marshmallow, Iā€™ve heard that it has
a sweeter/sugary tone backing it

2 Likes

Haha! We all really appreciate you keeping this site running Lars! :triumph:

Many many thanks! I have to start physically writing down recipies, instead of putting the notes on evernote and ejuicemeup. lol :smile:

Mike. This saved it for me. I appreciate it brother. :smile:

The buttercream overwhelmed this specific mix at that %.

& You are really right about using TFAā€™s ripe at a higher %
It usually gets lost in translation and fades out in the mix
too quickly at 5% when you have more working together.

I thought that it would be my mistake to go even higher. lol :mask:

Thank you for that rule of thumb! Itā€™s very helpful.

I had to drop the bavarian cream. It really sweet, and heavy, and youā€™re right, it partially did hold the strawberry back in this specific mix.

Initially, I ran out of vanilla swirl while I was weighing it out, and I couldnā€™t think of anything else to at that time, so I grabbed bav. creamā€¦ :frowning: It didnā€™t work out too well though. lol

1 Like

Here is at least one recipe that uses Butter Cream. And a fairly tasty one i might add.

DIYorDIE Apple Buttah (original)

Ingredient %
Butter Cream (CAP) 2
Caramel (FA) 0.5
Cinnamon Danish Swirl (CAP) 0.5
Fuji Apple (FA) 4
Liquid Amber (FA) 0.5
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (TPA) 1
Vanilla Custard v1 (CAP) 1

Flavor total: 9.5%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!
1 Like

This is great to keep in mind. Thank you ozo.

The more flavors that you have within a base could sometimes lead to a ā€œspecificā€ only ā€œbaseā€ that doesnā€™t necessarily work with everything, as a base should. So it wouldnā€™t really be a base at all. lol

And there goes the flavor. Nobody likes oil in their kitty litter. :scream_cat:

Unless of courseā€¦ Itā€™s all over your driveway. lol

1 Like

I saw that one earlier today! It looked great to try out.

Did Wayne mix this? Or did Goldbones? Goldbones, right?

I picked up liquid stateā€™s apple butter a few times a while back, and I liked it.

Iā€™ll have to try this out at some point. Thanks for chiming in brother!

:joy: I donā€™t know why. but this is golden.

1 Like

Original recipe is from Goldbones in that DIYorDIE mixing competition.
No worries.

1 Like

This is really important to keep in mind. Itā€™s always good to know the undertones of something and how it would affect the overall mix. I appreciate the knowledge on that ozo!

Yep! I completely agree with you. I havenā€™t recentely been taking the time to read labels I used to, but I do know that there are many, many, items out there that contain preservatives. Just like cigarettes are already pre-laced with formaldehyde-- embalming fluidā€¦ :mask: On a lighter note though, lol, patience is key.

:pray:

Crooks & Creams is another one that looks like would be a good one to try out as well!

I am glad I was able to help you straighten that out :slight_smile:

1 Like

I keep meaning to make this one :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

How would I go about embedding a recipe like you did?

Click on the wrench when you look at a recipe and copy as html (text). Thats at least how i did it. :thumbsup:

1 Like

Thanks brother! It glitched out on me. It works now though lol. I probably tried something else by mistake.