Premixing flavours

Hello fellows,
I was wondering if premixing just the flavours for the final volume of your e-liquid, cuts down significantly the steeping time for your final liquid. Any ideas, thoughts, experiences? Thank you in advance!

2 Likes

In my experience, no it doesnā€™t cut down on steepping time. I wondered the same thing so I tried it with a couple of my favorite mixes and they all seemed to develop at the same rate as when I add the flavors individually.

5 Likes

It is however a HUGE time saver when youā€™re mixing. If you have some favorites that you make often, I highly recommend making up a few stones. Then you only have to add one ā€œflavorā€ to your base.

6 Likes

Agreed, flavors will blend nearly instantly being they are PG based. PG is your flavor carrier. Melding these flavors with the VG side of your recipe is what takes timeā€¦

6 Likes

well premixing flavors isnā€™t gonna help the steeping proccessā€¦ or at least this is how this has worked for meā€¦

letā€™s say i need (numbers are random example):
10% flavor A
3% Flavor B
1% Flavor C
5% Flavor D

i could probably make in a big bottle like:
100ml - A
30ml B
10ml C
50ml D

shake them well etcā€¦ and voilaā€¦ the only thing i made is just a 190ml Concentrateā€¦ the only thing you would need is just the time to add them in a bottleā€¦ letā€™s say you need to make the ā€œXā€ juiceā€¦ that needs 10ml in overall flavor of this mixā€¦ you take up one syringe, get the 10ml of it and put inside your bases instead of taking each flavor from seperate bottles in reality

Steeping is involving the bases to get homogenized with the flavors you addā€¦ what this means?
for a juice of 100ml letā€™s say you will use 10ml of flavors, the flavors already contain PG inside (majority of flavors are in PG while some few in VG) the thing is ā€œwhat happening with the rest 90ml?ā€ so you will not cut down unfortunately any time on thisā€¦

the only idea i can give you is that if youā€™re making always an ā€œXā€ ā€œYā€ ā€œZā€ recipe (3 different recipes) is making large batches (but having calculated correctly the amounts of PG/VG first) letting them steepā€¦ and when you wish to use themā€¦ add it on smaller bottles and just adding inside the nic base (if buying nic bases is a matter of money)ā€¦ or even better making large batches at onceā€¦

for example right now in my closet i have like 3-4 bottles of 1liter getting steepedā€¦i vape over 20-30ml/day so making small batches doesnā€™t help if i need 100ml per 3-4daysā€¦ in the way i describe you it might cost on startā€¦ but if you continue vaping, and making the same juices again and again you will virtually save time from steepingā€¦

letā€™s say you have a 500ml batch of ā€œXā€ juiceā€¦ (random example)
letā€™s say you vape 10m/daylā€¦ you know that 500ml/10ml per day will last 50daysā€¦ if you see that bottle coming down you can make another bottle getting ready around the 20th-25th daysā€¦ when the 1st bottle comes to the endā€¦ the new one will have been steeped and will be ready to be used :slight_smile:

i hope this helped you :slight_smile:
good luck and have funā€¦

3 Likes

This is also referred to as making a ā€œstoneā€ and on the recipe part of ELR youā€™ll find an easy way to make this.

And hey! Welcome to the forum! :balloon:

6 Likes

thank you very much sir :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My pleasure! Itā€™s not ā€˜sirā€™ though :wink:

5 Likes

Totally agree with this! Flavor shots, or stones, can drastically cut down your mixing times, especially ones with a lot of ingredients.

2 Likes

Itā€™s your tag dear lmao

4 Likes

It wasnā€™t before this lmao

4 Likes

:laughing: My whatnots are gone

4 Likes

Yup, Iā€™ve just been sirā€™ed officially, after being called sir for the fourteenth time, I think lol

4 Likes

Lol! Iā€™ve been called worse!

2 Likes

Whatnots are notnots for me too atm - they do show up with a refresh so notnot can be converted to whatnots with f5.

5 Likes

Letā€™s hear it! I showed you mine, now you must show me yours. Lol

3 Likes

I regot my whatnots so my whatnots are not notnot anymore

4 Likes

Nibelung to friends as I am actually quite tall lol About equivalent to calling me tiny, only worse lol

3 Likes

Iā€™m 160 cm tall and was called ā€œthe half meterā€ by my friends for a while lol. Thank you for taking on the challenge! Lmao

1 Like

Thatā€™s a good one! Lol Iā€™m 208 cm myself, so most people look like half meters to me. Not that I would ever call you that, sir. Lmfao

3 Likes