Presteeping flavorings

Honestly, me too.

4 Likes

Talking about custards is no derailment. No mention of inw custard. Thats a good one too. Only one i dont have is wf custard. I was trying nit to pick it up but now your talking me into it. I already have too many custards and i need fa extra for a recipe i wanted to try. Fa premium is usually my go to for mixes but when i want a full custard juice its gotta have cap v1. Tpa II is a good one too

5 Likes

Yea expecially with some of my recipes that change a lot like my snickerdoodle. Its almost like 3 or 4 recipes in one. It goes from a little bit tart and acidity to deep sugar sweetness around the 5 day mark to a little more dark and punchy after a couple weeks. I love all 3 but the mid steep is the best

5 Likes

INW really requires much less curing time but im not a big fan. The biscuit limits it too much for me.

Amen brother. Back in the day i vaped on an IGO-W4 at 1.2ohms and around 12w, i would vape freshly mixed VC CAP at 12%. My wife hated the smell so much she still cant vape custards. Now that i vape a bit warmer i like it quite a bit lower but it is still the only real custardy custard, IMO.

3 Likes

5 Likes

Nice topoc!
I started pre steeping many years ago after discovering MF.
Because of how many of them work. I find myself not varying the % I use. So I like to pre steep at 40/60. I generally mix 50/50 to 40/60. That allows me to make the recipe later. Also gives me the freedom to create in smaller amounts when building something new.

8 Likes

Welcome back @xxanalogxx

PERFECT example.

6 Likes

Always lurking :wink:

7 Likes

Hey! Happy Thanksgiving. Iā€™ve often thought about writing something that details exactly what happens at the micron level and how high shear mixers i.e. homogenizers, actually work. Iā€™ve touched on it over the years and If enough people want, Iā€™ll be happy to write something.

As far as my background I am not a chemist, Iā€™m an engineer who spent years inside an automotive transmission plant formerly known as Chrysler. I do have knowledge of fluid dynamics, lab and test equipment, material safety, and as a toolmaker precision instruments and machinery.

I have done repair work for one of the leading makers and others that get referred to me. The GC is no longer made but I have some very nice equipment for sale and a new design that I spent a long time developing. The GC was designed for e juice and I wound up in trouble with customs officials in another country so that aspect had to cease. :smile:

8 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving to you too! Thank you for dropping in, itā€™s always nice to hear from you :smiling_face:

8 Likes

Yes please drop some knowledge on this us.

4 Likes

Nice to hear from you, ya old codger!
Hope youā€™re doing well. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

3 Likes

Iā€™m assuming that your post was directed to me rather than @Muth. Both Muth and @fidalgo_vapes own and use a GC homogenizer and both suggested using a homogenizer as an alternative to the pre steeping suggested. Neither said, nor will I, that the method doesnā€™t have beneficial use. Rather, the use of mechanical energy produced by a high shear mixer to uniformly combine the liquid components will exponentially reduce the time factor in achieving essentially the same or in many or most cases, a much more uniform result i.e. homogenization. That is a mechanical function and not some mysterious chemical transformation. In mixing and homogenizing ejuice we are combining chemical suspensions with dilutants and avoiding things such as oxidation which will cause an undesirable chemical reaction.

Iā€™m somewhat reluctant to post further for several reasons.

One, I had my screen id and vendor status as gamechanger anonymized. That business no longer exists for legal and tax purposes. I think it best to have moderator approval before I continue.

Two, In the past there have been several people that assumed that I was somehow disputing the ā€œsteepingā€ process. That is absurd. Of course it works.
I designed a method that accelerates the mixing process and the end result is essentially the same. Its DIY. Do as you please. Whatever works for you. Homogenizers are expensive and I know very well that they are cost prohibitive for many.

10 Likes

The Gc is a lovely piece of engineering and now you say no longer made is a sad day and I for one I thank you for designing it any words on the subject of this type of mixing would be worth the read

8 Likes

Iā€™ll second that. Love the GC and hate the thought of the day when it stops working.

8 Likes

Just let me know if it does. It will be an easy fix. The same applies to all. Happy Thanksgiving.

8 Likes

Approvedā€¦

7 Likes

I wish i could get one. How much were they

3 Likes

I designed the GC to be used with primarily the customers moto toolā€¦Dremel, Black and Decker, and another no longer made. All others require their proprietary motor to be used with the dispersal unit This reduced costs and I made them available for $200 base price and shipping varied. The design intent was to produce a high quality unit at an affordable cost. Similar products cost from $1200 to $5000. Iā€™m old and retired but own a machine shop and did all the work myself. With the purchase of a Moto tool and shipping most had costs of about $350 + or - .

9 Likes

And worth every penny. I use mine about every 3 weeks for about 500ml. It should last quite a while.

8 Likes