Presteeping flavorings

Has anyone tried making presteeped flavorings for flavors that need to be steeped for a long time? Whats your take on this.

What i started doing a couple weeks ago is making up presteeped bottles of flavor for some flavors like cap vanilla custard. Basically what i do is make up a 30ml bottle of 25 percent cap vanilla custard in 75percent vg and let it steep. When i use it in recipes i use it at 4x what my recipe calls for. For example if i need 2.5 percent normally of cap vc in a recipe i will use the presteep at 10 percent then i subtract the amount used from the vg in the recipe so i can still achieve my 70 30 mix.

So far its working amazing it looks like. I no longer have to wait weeks or a month to enjoy a good custard juice. What i also have found unexpectedly is the rest of the flavors in a recipe that werent presteeped actually steep much quicker too. Who cant get on board with a shake and vape cap van custard!

Why dont more people do this?

9 Likes

Because there are better V Custards lol…Just get a homogenizer then you dont have to wait ever

6 Likes

Absolutely @STR8V8PING. I have sometimes up to 12-14 120ml bottles with either entire recipes or stones/bases steeping, ready to be used.

7 Likes

Probably most don’t know they CAN do it, OR, if they do, they don’t want to put in the effort. I personally do, and believe it’s a WIN/WIN.

7 Likes

Also @STR8V8PING, don’t forget about “seeding” your mixes/stones/bases. You can take pre-steeped, ingredients, even full recipes, and “seed” a freshly mixed batch, which also helps speed things along.

8 Likes

Im def getting the seeding effect like i mentioned with the other flavor i add with the presteeped in a recipe

6 Likes

I use to have a really good one back on the day when i sold juice. I wouldnt say it can replace time though for steeping. It does make large batches consistant though

8 Likes

I 100pct disagree…It doesn’t replace tome 100pct but its pretty damn close

6 Likes

I would say it def can do that normal couple day steep that a lot of flavors only need but those flavors that need a extended steep time no

5 Likes

Sorry brother but I ll have to disagree 100pct …

4 Likes

All good. I want to get another but they are so expensive

5 Likes

I do it all the time. That’s why I mix one shots (120s) of my ADV it has LA Butter Rum and a few drops of FLV Rich Cinnamon in it. Letting it steep even as a one shot helps allow the cinnamon to settle in before final mixing. I’ve mixed the same recipe as a SNV and the rich cinnamon overpowers everything else for at least 2 weeks.

7 Likes

HOW DARE YOU, NO CHRISTMAS CARD FOR YOU!!

EDIT: Sorry, i forgot the little winking eye guy:

:wink:

There he is.

8 Likes

Bro …Come On , Look i lime VCV1 and can never be mat at it , but it just makes top 5

Premium Custard
TpA VCII
WF V. CUSTARD
Ultimate Vanilla Custard
and out of love and respect CAP VCV1

5 Likes

Alright then, back on the Xmas card list you go.

I just got that VC WF, dayum its good and Ryun is right up there too.

Sorry @STR8V8PING for derailing your thread.

6 Likes

@STR8V8PING yes sorry , i am a horrible offender of derailment lmao

3 Likes

To set this back on topic. I used to, a long time ago. Somewhere along the way i decided that i like the taste the way a recipe changes from the beginning to how ever long it lasts. I mix, nuke, shake and let it sit overnight then start vaping.

I still mostly use tube mechs, i use them because i like the way a mix changes from full cell to low cell.

Im more into subtle nuances than perfection these days.

10 Likes

Maybe @mrpipes will chime in and shed some education on the subject. He is the designer of the GC (Game Changer) homogenizer and who also worked in the homogenizing business. He also might have some models to sell. I use one and I also have “seeded” , etc. In my experience, I’ve noticed up to a 2 week expedition on some flavors.

8 Likes

Of all people, I can’t believe you just got that one, being the custard hound you are.

5 Likes

That made me think and agree. What’s the value of perfection anyway? I’ve had juice I considered perfection at the time. Now it’s not. All things change.

5 Likes