Problems with strawberry recipes

Wow, this is a small world. I just finished mixing “PCP Peach Coconut and Papaya” when I saw a familiar guitar icon… then realised it’s you. Very good as a vape and shake! I get mostly the peach (which I love), a bit of papaya, and a rich and balanced background where everything mixes but cannot be distinguished from one another… Let’s see after steeping. Thanks!
Just mixed also my n-th variation of Papamango (started from Vladimirus recipe). You can find it here: http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/3065342/Papamango+v5+-+60
I am not entirely happy with it, but is good too. I may ask for feedback on how to improve it in another thread

4 Likes

Yes, lots of useful advice. I may try the lemon on next full moon while brushing my teeth with Arm & Hammer + some drops of boysenberry :smiley:
Thanks for all the support!

7 Likes

Don’t use boysenberry under a full moon :joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

5 Likes

Thank you for the nice comments, just saw them, glad you appreciate it!

3 Likes

Thanks, I don’t share as much as I did last year but I got stuck on this profile. It was the boysenberry and frosting that took it to the next level.

5 Likes

Shouldn’t have any issues with this one! Strawberry gets better as it ages and can taste it throughout the entire bottle. After a week it’s great. Too much percentage will mute the strawberries due to EM in the flavors.

7 Likes

It seems my strawberry receptors are back, will treat them with more love. I noticed, however, that it is harder for me to taste the strawberry in my Uwell crown (commercial coils 0.20, old crown model) than dripping in my wasp nano or my pulse. I’ve noticed clear differences depending on the coil/tank with other recipes but not to this point. Maybe that’s also something important for strawberries… has anyone noticed something in this regard or am I making this up in my mind?

5 Likes

In my experience, that’s the case across the board. Certain combinations minimize this effect, while others highlight it.

Temps (or power) can play a role as well.

You’re not hallucinating. :laughing:

7 Likes

That’s the way!

I’d be in trouble if I couldn’t taste strawberry for any reason. It’s 3/4 of what I vape on a daily basis.

Another thing I do is rotate through various combinations of strawberries. Don’t stick to one combination too long without a change up.

5 Likes

You’re not alone. I have juices that require different RDAs. I love mesh with rayon, but find that some of my favorite ADVs taste much better with coils and cotton. To be honest, I find this all a bit of a pain in the ass sometimes, all this messing around with all the variables of hardware and mixing. I just remind myself that it’s better than smoking and it keeps me going.

Oh, and I can’t taste SB either, but like others, I keep on trying.

7 Likes

I remember tasting Strawberry once. It was with a Aegis and an old Pharoah, the all metal one. It was a wow moment. Never before, never since. Now, I do have a good number of Juices that have strawberry in them and I like them a lot. It’s a great flavor, whatever it is.

7 Likes

This not tasting strawberry has sparked my interest, I don’t have that problem, but I send you my sympathy.

What my question to you poor non tasters, is do you also taste pepper with VBIC?

3 Likes

You think there’s a relationship? I am not a big fan of VBIC or vanilla custard. In small percentages work well for me but when I have used more it was harsh to me and not a lovely taste (wouldn’t describe as peppery… I once tested oxidised nice and that was peppery)

4 Likes

It is a theory I came up with, and I am looking for more information. I don’t see how olfactory damage/insufficiency could be the cause but more likely down to the chemicals themselves.

4 Likes

Worth investigating this. I am very curious about it and don’t like this feeling of unexplainable magical things going on (am a scientist :smile:)

3 Likes

It has also got me curious I’m a RN on an Ear/Nose and Throat ward , hence my interest because I can’t figure out how it could be down to anatomy.

That’s why I thought about trying to isolate the chemical.

I found this article interesting…

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/0/22941835

4 Likes

Nope, no pepper. Maybe I killed my strawberry sensors in the 60’s. I’m not sure. I don’t remember.

7 Likes

Negative. To me it’s just fine.

4 Likes

It was the 70’s for me but you may be on to something.

7 Likes

it was the 90’s for me but mine survived somehow…:rofl:

4 Likes