Proper etiqutte ? for Collecting ejuice recipes

I pretty much agree with everything Pro_Vapes said. I think it’s common courtesy to give credit to the creator. Some guys spend months and months to create a recipe, waiting for it to age, tweeking it a little here and there, adding or taking away from it, til it’s a perfect vape. I always add a link to a recipe that I have adapted and if I flat out copy one so I can make minor adjustments to it then I will keep it private.

Not sure how that works but when I create or adapt it always defaults to private.

3 Likes

Sux this is happening to basically all of us. More than 90% of my recipes are now private as well. I pretty much feel how @Pro_Vapes and @Shaner feel.

I thought when u adapt it’s alway private. I adapt my friends recipes sometimes and I never post those but seems to me they’re automatically private.

1 Like

All I know is: if I see one more identical recipe for Unicorn or Mother’s Milk…I’ma have to slap me a mixer!
In all seriousness, I appreciate all that you all share. I really do. If it weren’t for you all, I’d be in a smaller poor house than I am now. Probably be back to help putting RJ Reynolds descendants into college or something. I try to leave messages on the recipe posting pages to let the originator know I appreciate their work (sometimes I forget. The brain is going, dontcha know). My own creations…well they jus ain’t all that good so why bother? Anyway, thank you all and remember that imitation is the best flattery.

1 Like

Maybe you guys are right. Honestly I never paid a lot of attention to what the adapt function does as far as the private settings. Really don’t use it very much. It certainly would make better sense if adapted recipes were automatically made private…

2 Likes

Marsha Marsha Marsha, but Jan this isn’t about you…

4 Likes

It wasn’t that long ago there was a recipe I couldn’t figure out where it came from and wanted to share it. I added it to the comments that this was not my property but I had found it somewhere along the way and would love to give credit to the creator. I came across it later in another forum and was able to link it back to someone on this site. I made my version private and gave credit where it was due. It was the most nerve racking thing because I knew it wasn’t mine and didn’t want anyone to think it was. I also knew it was awesome and wanted everyone to try it.
Milk n’ Honey v3 : http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/114356/Milk+n%27+Honey+v3
thanks to @Lost_Vapez for an awesome recipe…

2 Likes

If I can’t remember where I got I just comment “not my recipe”.

2 Likes

I agree with @Amy2, I’m thinking of making all, if not the majority, of my recipes that have been duplicated private. I realize this may not be the best attitude to have in response but there is way too many dupes, and for me it’s getting to the point this guy waits for a new recipe of mine and automatically copies and pastes it. He gives me credit, which again I do not care about, and it was flattering…at first. It’s the senseless copy and repasteing of it down to every letter I do not understand and he is not willing to stop. So I will

3 Likes

Hey if I make something I want to share w/ friends such as yourself. I do it on a private thread as we’ve done in the past. @ringling your Dutch was awesome ( that was a private recipe you asked me to try) so even thou duche bags steal and copy and call 'em their own there is ways to continue to share here on the forum.

2 Likes

You know @Amy2 before you mentioned you made yours private, I went on the other day and was saddened to find almost all of yours were gone :…(
I can’t remember what I was looking for now, though…Oba/Ylang ideas? IDK but it was sad to see they were private, cause you’re a brilliant mixer

3 Likes

I think the best option for recipes we have,cherish and want to be kept “secret” is to not post them at all. We all know this of course but even if they are private they really are still on the internet. I mean NO DISRESPECT to Lars AT ALL and he is a very respectable guy, all I’m saying is they COULD still be accessed because they are still out there.
All in all it doesn’t matter to me, I share just for that reason and I’m happy when someone likes a recipe enough to use it. I just don’t agree with the multiple posting of the exact same recipe…too much clutter in a jam packed full site to begin with

4 Likes

When we choose not to share recipes it defeats the whole purpose of what ELR is. It doesn’t cost anything at all to share, but it takes away a lot when you don’t. Sure there are some that don’t use proper etiquette, but the vast majority do. I think it shows a lot of paranoia because someone else claims your work. The bottom line is you know it’s yours. I like most don’t like it but I’m not gonna punish the entire community for the actions of a few. This forum was built on helping and sharing, so why stop now. There is enough paranoia about vaping and I see it’s not all from outside the community. I’d love to hear @daath’s views about not sharing recipes. This is his baby and I hate to see us ruin it for him.

11 Likes

Thank you I’m flattered :blush:

I think you’re pretty awesome yourself ! I think we have a similar style in floras and difficult to mix flavors. They’re not for everyone.

I can share that ylang with ya.

I’d be surprised if most ppl even know what to do w/ let alone what it is. This one needs tweaking it’s not rated bc I’m working on it still so feel free to play around w/ ingredients.

1 Like

I agree with you @Pro_Vapes and I apologize if my meaning came across differently. I just do not want multiples of my recipes cluttering the site is all. I fully support sharing that’s why I am here. I’m not looking for glory or anything, just trying to free the clutter

5 Likes

I did understand that and it wasn’t directed to you. I’m just speaking in general.

3 Likes

So now we have Vape-Stalkers as well? Jeez man, the planet is going to hell. Can’t blame you for going private but think of what your depriving the world of! I say we find this guy and “make him an offer he can’t refuse”.

Sorry, been watch the Godfather movies lately…

4 Likes

Well said sir!

3 Likes

That… makes me sad. We’re supposed to be about helping one another. Sorry but it’s true.

1 Like

As much as I would love to call the guy out here, I am not that person sorry…Radio silence is my approach to this guy. I don’t plan on not sharing my recipes completely, it’s just the ones he keep taking and reposting I will now make private. I have politely asked him to stop reposting my recipes and to make them private ONLY because then there are too many duplicates and he said he just wants to fill the site with these recipes so everyone sees them…as flattering as that may be I do not agree with it.
I’ll still post new recipes but if they are just going to be reposted the exact same way, then they go private.

I am not and will not go against the reason this site was created. I believe in sharing and helping, I just don’t believe in repetition and I have edited my previous post because I meant I was planning on making all the copied/duplicated recipes that have been taken private

2 Likes

If you look at my recipes you will see that I haven’t “gone private” buuuut you can also find some duplicates out there that I personally believe unnecessary…PURPOSELY flooding this site with duplicates is all I’m talking about :wink:

2 Likes