Proper etiqutte ? for Collecting ejuice recipes

Haha. I’m glad the humor wasn’t lost when I posted that. I really don’t get it, though. All recipes are marked private to begin with. Is it possible that there could be a pop-up warning when someone hovers over the private recipe button? “If this recipe has already been shared by another user, please leave it private.”

I’d really love to just come to the site and see a bunch of unique recipes, even if they are recipes that still need work. It would really streamline the process, especially since we could offer our insights into a promising new recipe that still isn’t 100%.

7 Likes

I’ll write it here as well: You’re not shouting into a vacuum though - We’re amused on the forum, and I think everyone agrees.

I do have a plan to write a script that marks all recipes that are adaptions (but has no flavor changes) as private. I never saw the idea in sharing single flavor recipes, but I didn’t want to prohibit it, so I made the “Hide single flavor recipes”…

In the future, after the script is run, it will not be possible to make a recipe public if you adapted and didn’t change the flavoring part…

9 Likes

May I say a MOST EXCELLENT script, fur’ sure…

4 Likes

That sounds reasonable. I could totally understand someone republishing a recipe but subbing out a flavor or two, which may even improve upon the original recipe.

“Hide single flavor recipes” is my second favorite button on this site, behind “What can I make”. Never personally said this, but man do I love this website, regardless. It’s really upped my juice making game.

5 Likes

That would make the site so much lighter in a good way realy. BTW Bronuts is dry as a nun vape :frowning:

Then we’ll have nothing to complain about… That’s not fair I want to complain. :tired_face:

2 Likes

I only make recipes private if 1) They are already posted by someone else and I change a minor detail like the amount to make , or vg/pg blend the amount of nicotine is different…Or 2) If Im not finished with a recipe…and / or it really sucks at the moment lol

1 Like

Thanks. I will make them private from now on. When saving a recipe i usually say " thanks to the original creator" but not always. :smile:

1 Like

Sorry, been away awhile … someone on the V.U. forum actually posted that they do this , ludicrous and mean spirited, imo … especially for those in my position who’re on limited incomes …
If someone’s worried about their recipes being used by vendors or for commercial reasons, just don’t put it out there!.

2 Likes

How do you use the “What can I make” feature. I was assuming it goes by the flavors in your stash. I’ll have to try it and see how it best serves me.

That feature searches all of the recipes in the database for ones which you have all the flavors needed in your stash to make.

1 Like

I was trying it out earlier and it allowed me to place check marks near flavors in a list of all possible flavors (not just my flavor stash flavors), to find recipes with the flavors I checked. Cool. I wanted to find some recipes with pistachio and it worked good for me.

1 Like

I only know of two similar functions, What Can I Make and Search By Flavor Stash.

Sounds almost like you’re describing “Search By Flavor Stash”, which lets you pick ingredients from your stash and lists any recipes that include them. It returns all recipes that include selected ingredients, even if those recipes require ingredients you don’t have (useful if you can make good substitutions or are about to do some shopping).

“What Can I Make” only returns recipes that you have all the ingredients for. No boxes to check.

But I haven’t seen what you just described, am I just overlooking the link?

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/409047/Butt+Hurt+Vape+Juice gigglesnorts

2 Likes

:laughing:

All my recipes are private until I make sure I’d vape them LOL. I come up with tons of recipes and then it takes me forever to get around to making them all. the joys of having a million things to do

2 Likes

I’m at the moment trying to bring pg % down on known 5*recipes. Trying to adapt, after testing the original, then subbing using FLV FA MF INW. Seeing how these do in recipes, checking the different profiles and getting to know these flavours. Many times I have asked creators about subbing flavours. Most times I’m told by them that changing the recipe this way is creating a new recipe. I’m not sure I look at it that way myself, don’t really feel creative doing this. Im sure others though would benefit from the results of these tests so I want to get the info out there. Wondering if best to simply add to comments on original so others will see. Or create new recipe or both. What you guys think?

3 Likes

Well, either in comments or if you’re subbing a lot, maybe adapting and writing notes :slightly_smiling:

4 Likes

Technically you’d be making a new recipe since it is with other flavors ( if you are in fact using new flavors ) I have seen many times ppl will just write in the notes section where their inspiration came from. I will make vg max mixes of known recipes like Tiger’s blood or use all FA flavors in a known recipe…technically it is still a new recipe bc of the differences.

If you feel torn you could always use the adapt key on the blue wrench and then that way the credit is given that way as well as to not step on any toes.

I have ppl make recipes of mine and then just duplicate it on their page and just put Amy***'s ______ and don’t link/adapt it back to my original recipe. That’s ok but it does clog up the recipe page bc it is a duplicate.

This is a delicate area for some ppl. I get where your coming from thou.

3 Likes

ahh lucky, i really want to be an LCDC but im so busy at my current job and there was a requirement to be clean for two years. i have a bachelors in psych and i want to get my masters.
as for the juice i say fuk’em. if they dont want to share they can keep it private. im here to get recipies for my own juice and maybe post some of my own.