Properly storing nicotine

Need some clarification my good man…

Are you buying 100mg/ml OR “100%” nic (which is 1000mg/ml)??

I hope it’s not the latter.

6 Likes

You’ve reached the maximum number of likes. Please wait 57 minutes before trying again.

3 Likes

100 mg my bad

4 Likes

I buy mine and split it into 30ml glass bottles, double bag and chuck in freezer. Pull them out as needed. PG base.

4 Likes

Where are yall getting the glass bottlrs from? I see Amazon has some but not sure if that’s the best place. In the reviews I’ve seen reports of either faulty or broken cone caps. I’d like to get extra (highest quality possible) but dont see any there.

I’ve been keeping my nic in the freezer but in just PET plastic bottles. I know it’s not optimal but haven’t had a problem with nic in 3 years. I want to stock up on nic and store it in glass for LONG term storage.

Can somebody point me in the right direction pertaining to 4 or 8oz bottles with good caps?

2 Likes

Glass bottle outlet has an amazon store that is eligible for amazon free shipping.

5 Likes

These are the ones I bought and have reused several times with no problems.

5 Likes

@INOIROC Glass IS the best way to do it hands down, for long term storage. I have multiple orders from multiple vendors on Amazon with little to no issues.

A few other points to cover – if storing your nicotine solution for longer than 6 weeks, please do transfer your solution into a glass bottle for prolonged storage (Remember – amber/cobalt!). Some plastics will not provide a complete vapor barrier against outside atmosphere and thus can leak over time. In addition, some LDPE plastics are known to have such a low density as to allow for other medium-sized molecules to migrate through the plastic wall. Not such a good thing to happen when a glass bottle would have solved all problems!

5 Likes

Subject seems to be a little controversial.
CXT Says the trauma of rapid warming and cooling (freezing and thawing) is more detrimental than keeping it at room temp.
Quite frankly I don’t know what to believe here.

1 Like

@xxanalogxx that could be. Hence the added wisdom of breaking down the large containers into smaller ones.

4 Likes

I have always bought 4 of the 120 ml bottles at a time. I like the way they are sealed and just break them into 30s as needed. I do notice however there is a lot of trauma warming and cooling them.
Have a new batch that I am keeping at room temperature. We shall see how it works out.

3 Likes

What do you mean @xxanalogxx ?

2 Likes

Trauma might be a bad choice of words. I use them because of what CXT says about the effects of freezing and thawing. The amount of condensation multiple times over always troubled me.

3 Likes

Part of it is my bad most likely. I always warm them to room temp before mixing or breaking them down. Right or wrong my thinking was to avoid hotspots.

1 Like

Condensation is the change of the physical state of matter from the gas phase into the liquid phase, and is the reverse of vaporization.

2 Likes

I may be ‘doing it wrong’ but I do that too. It’s a total PIA to mete it out when it’s cold and thick. It lives in the freezer at all times until being added to the mix.

2 Likes

The condensation itself really was not a worry but it definitely was a sign of stress on a product we go to great lengths to preserve!

1 Like

https://www.carolinaxtract.com/cxtc-faq

Should I store Nicotine Products in the freezer?

No, Absolutely not. Damage can occur to100mg/ml nicotine products when oxides form during near-freeze/thaw cycles caused by temperature fluctuations of the freezer unit. Such fluctuations are typically caused by opening the freezer door and outside weather affecting the efficiency of the unit. Typical refrigeration temperatures, or even room temperatures are a much safer storage range than 27-33F because they are well away from freeze/thaw potential.

3 Likes

True! And as soon as we blend it in with the juice, it’s all downhill from there. I really don’t know if I abuse my nic, but I’ve never had any go bad on me. Could be because I use low % (3mg salts).

4 Likes

Thanks for posting this!

3 Likes