PSA Joye eVic VT 60w Battery Issue

I don’t know anything about these batteries.
If this dangerous maybe the Ecig industry may need regulating.

You can follow this post Here

I don’t know anything about these batteries. But here are some other comments from some that don’t think it’s a big issue…

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

damped said: ↑

Yes indeed it seems they lie about that, but why? I don’t know, I like Joyetech but I don’t think it’s good for their customers trust if they are lie about specs.

They may be lying about the total capacity of the battery pack. They may not be. Three cells, wired in parallel; each cell may measure approximately 1500mAh but the pack, as a whole, may measure approximately 5000mAh. Li-Po batteries are perfectly safe for our use. Balanced charging is only required when the cells are wired in series.

@aldenf They may be lying about the total capacity of the battery pack. They may not be. Three cells, wired in parallel; each cell may measure approximately 1500mAh but the pack, as a whole, may measure approximately 5000mAh

Are you saying a 3x1500mAh pack par=5000mAh or very close ? but I don’t mind, I like the battery life of the VT!

It’s a video made by someone who doesn’t know much about battery technology…

aldenf, Today at 8:28 AM Report

Brandon Collins 20 hours ago
First i wanted to say I watched Adam’s video that you can find on youtube where he basically blasts the joytech for having less than 5000mah lipo batteries. Each battery was labeled 1500mah which equals 4500mah. Then he knocked it for being lipos and not having it listed according to him. Ok ok where to start…DEEP BREATH…first yes batteries clearly mislabeled…check…as far as it being labeled lipo or not, I found it on reddit, facebook, and on a few forums by independent reviews/ people and also by joyetech so i don’t believe there hiding anything. As far as lipos being dangerous thats just false when used correctly lipos are one of the best sources of clean consistent power. Yes when miss used they can be dangerous but all batteries can be. And as far as charging or using a balance charger, 1s lipos are 3.7 volts and don’t necessarily need to be balance charged when wired correctly because there not using different voltages like what you would find in a 3s lipo lets say at 7, or 8.4 volts traditionally which must be charged with balance charging due to the varying voltages. So in conclusion, great review- good information- and very detailed. Adam made some good points and I agree with him on some of them but is this device dangerous i don’t believe so. Mine has been working perfectly and has been used everyday since i recieved it. In the future who knows what will happen. Dsj you do a good job always on these reviews and your one of the very view reviewers who tares down a device on all your reviews and I personally appreciate that…So coo dos to you my friend and Keep it up…

Comes to find out the guy that started this is a real dumbass.

2 Likes