Pugsley's broad shouldered and godly review of the Vapecige Creator IM200

Finally…it would appear they may well have run out of Greek mythological deity names for our beloved vape gear…and have instead… just opted for a ‘cover all basis’ generalisation…"fuck it!..call it the ‘Creator’ …at least then we won’t upset anyone!’’ …it’s a fair point, in a world that’s completely PC crazy and has more Gods than you can shake a shitty stick at, it’s a risky business to name anything after one of them without making the rest of them feeling a little left out…and being the touchy bunch that they apparently are…it really doesn’t take much for one of them to chuck their teddy out of the pram…

So when I take a mod out of the box of ‘things to review that had been pushed to the back of the queue’, and realise it will happily house a 28.5mm Sherman RDA…and then some…

I don’t take any chances…thankfully…thus far, my hypocrisy has not caused a sudden and fatal bolt of lightning to strike me down where I stand…thank the heavens…

Welcome back my fabulous little fluffy throwers, back again with another poor attempt at doing a slightly shorter than usual review on something I wasn’t particularly excited to write about …only to be proven wrong…again…gotta admit though…kinda liking the fact that I keep finding these little gems in my box of tricks, so let’s get straight down to the dirty nitty gritty, because I’m also kinda lookin forward to getting my hands stuck back into my box again…wait…I didn’t mean…(sigh)…whatevs, courtesy of my partners in crime Gearbest , I present to you the Vapecige Creator IM200 …

The Lowdown

The Creator is a 200w, fully TC enabled, dual 18650 powered device that looks identical in every way to the Creator DNA75 before it, same size, same build…same everything, the only difference being that instead of the meagre power put forward by the DNA75…this broad shouldered beefcake puts out 200 of your most frivolous watts via Vapecige’s own IM200 chip…and lets be honest, anything that happily sports a 30mm hat… deserves a steroid driven chip to power it.

However, don’t be put off by the fact that Evolve don’t get a look in this time around, as the IM200 chip does it’s job admirably, no…you don’t get the same customisable options via a software package such as escribe…but this thing is a fraction of the price of a DNA device, and what it does manage to give you…is more than ample for most vapers.

The screen…albeit quite small by today’s standards, is very bright and easy to read, I would have preferred to have some colour display options other than rainbow…and I’m not a massive fan of the interface…but it’s easy enough once you get your head around it, however if you’re like me…and used to just hitting the increase or decrease power button expecting it to do just that…you’ll be disappointed …this time you actually have to navigate down to the power via the same buttons…press the middle button to select it…then use the buttons to increase and decrease your wattage…I mean this is me…I’m ADHD as fuck…“sooo I press this button…then I press this…ooh look a squirrel! …Now…where was I…?”

‘Easily distracted’…may well have been the title of every single one of my school reports…

Regardless…it’s not rocket science (for normal people) and you will soon become accustomed to it…and once you fussy vape nerds get your heads into it…you’ll wonder what all the fuss is about with these fandangled ‘DNA’ shiznits…(you won’t…I’m just saying that for effect…but it’s my review and I can say what I want)

You do however get pretty much every setting you require, options for all your wires, a full TC suite, TCR, Bypass, VW in increments of .1w… blah de fucking blah…you know the drill…it’s pretty comprehensive.

And do you know what…it’s actually a really good chip, fires instantly and down as low 0.05ohm (not 0.01 as advertised in some places…that would just be silly) and up in the realm of the higher watts…it dealt with everything drama free.

The heavily branded chassis is basically a capital ‘I’ shape, with 2 separate battery doors, 1 on each side, all held in place by dual magnets.

Couple of points worthy of mention, firstly, the battery doors will only fit on one way due to reverse polarity on the magnets…absolutely no reason for this whatsoever…other than…to piss people off, oh it’s a creator alright, a creator of boiling piss every time I put them on the wrong fucking way…

But on the plus side, they’re painted in what feels like a kind of high gloss ‘rubbery’ paint which offers excellent grip in your hand, couple that with the oval shape of the body and the Creator becomes one of the nicest mods in terms of handfeel to date…love that.

By far my favourite bit on the Creator however…is the MAHOOSIVE 510 plate…

Now it’s well documented that I have a real weakness for 30mm RDA’s…it’s my jam… and I admit right now, I didn’t know about the Creator’s overly broad shoulders, if I had…this would have been reviewed ages ago, but I do like nice surprises…and that’s exactly what I got when I realised that I could sit one of my precious Sherman RDA’s on top of this thing…with space to spare…happy dance…

Just lately, with the run of girthy topped mods I’ve had, I’d say either manufacturers are waking up to the sheer unadulterated pleasure that vapers can experience from a wider RDA…or the gods are indeed smiling down on me…which is kinda ironic when you consider that this is the Creator…and that I am indeed the spawn of Satan to more than a few …‘conservative’ …vapers out there …

Regardless…I throw a quite frankly over generous number of kudos to Vapecige for this 510 plate, because it’s one of the best I have seen.

The Specs (for said Conservatives)

Main features:
● TC range: 200 - 600 Deg.F
● Wattage range: 1 - 200W
● Resistance range: 0.05 - 3 ohm
● 510 atomizer connector
● Customize the splash screen
● Left and right hands are easy to use
● Supports 2pcs 18650 batteries ( not included )
Specification
Product Details Accessories type: MOD
Battery Cover Type: Magnetic
Battery Form Factor: 18650
Battery Quantity: 2pcs ( not included )
Brand: VapeCige
Material: Zinc Alloy
Mod: Temperature Control Mod
Model: Creator IM200
Temperature Control Range: 200 - 600 Deg.F
Dimension and Weight Package size (L x W x H): 13.00 x 8.80 x 6.00 cm / 5.12 x 3.46 x 2.36 inches
Package weight: 0.4000 kg
Product size (L x W x H): 8.70 x 4.80 x 3.25 cm / 3.43 x 1.89 x 1.28 inches
Product weight: 0.1500 kg
Package Contents Package Contents: 1 x Mod, 1 x USB, 1 x Specification, 1 x Clean Cloth

Final Thoughts

My final thoughts on the Vapecige Creator IM200 would be this: HUGE surprise for me, it’s not the most compact mod on the market and I stand by my thoughts on the screen and interface…but apart from those minor cons, I have to say that this mod is made for people who like 28 to 30mm tops, the TC is apparently passable, there’s enough options in the IM200 chip to please most people and it’s a good solid, dependable, well made mod…what’s not to like?..And if that’s not enough reasons to like it…maybe the next one will sway you…the price.

The Price

At present…Gearbest only have the all white colour option in stock, and this is slightly more expensive than the more contrasty options…but even so…it’s still less than thirty quid…or £29.35 to be exact ($41.49 to you guys over t’pond)…however, if the almost too ‘godly’ white doesn’t do it for ya, the other colours will be in stock in the next week or so…and unbelievably, these are currently priced at a frankly ridiculous £23.95 / $33.86…find those deals here…

Vapecige Creator IM200

The Creator is a lot of mod for very little money, so in terms of value, I feel quite confident in recommending the Creator to all.

As always our doors are always open over at Steampugs should you wish to see how the Creator scored against other pieces of vapeology, and while you’re there not only will you find a plethora of awesome reviews from the steamteam but also a shop choc full of heavily discounted vape gear…see you there.

Until next time

Toodles.

Pugs.

14 Likes

Nice one @Steampugs always enjoy your reviews.

3 Likes

Like this one! I’m with you, the world needs more mods that can accommodate a girthy 30mm RDA.

The Tyler the Creator GIF was a nice touch.

2 Likes

Thanks man, and i always appreciate your feedback :wink: cheers!

1 Like

Nice catch man!..wasn’t sure if anyone would grab that lol.

Always a pleasure brother, seems we’re getting more and more girth days…you prob more than me to be fair…

2 Likes

That looks like a fine desk mod!
Great review!

2 Likes

Thanks my little grey friend :wink: :grin::+1:

2 Likes

Another pugtastic review. Awesome man, thanks.

Cheers Jim :wink: :+1: and you’re very welcome.