Pure monk fruit extract

Has anyone used this monk fruit extract?

Monk fruit extract is very good, very sweet, and doesn’t burn or gunk coils. Best place to get it I think is nude nicotine. If you insist on amazon, best to check all the other ingredients mixed in with it. Can’t go wrong with going nude. I just saw that this from amaon is a powder. I would steer clear of this. Nude nicotine is a liquid.

2 Likes

I believe Nude NIC mixes the monk fruit extract powder in VG at a 5% weight by volume mix…
Maybe there’s more to it. That’s why I was asking. Hoping someone actually has experience with it

2 Likes

Is anyone getting Monk Fruit Extract from anywhere other than NN? I do not want to wait for their long shipping/ fulfilment times and was wondering if anyone had found any good sources.

Just ordered this to try out?

2 Likes

Personally, I wouldn’t because it’s a powder. You will have to mix it with something and it may spoil. I did the same thing with pure organic powdered stevia and distilled water. It molded within a week even in the fridge.

For a pure unadulterated monk fruit extract I would go to nude nicotine and order theirs. It’s super strong, pure and has a crazy long shelf life.

Some times we want to make our own sweeteners and and discover we would be miles ahead to get someone else’s stuff. Unless you like mold. Some of those powders have the monk fruit plus other ingredients. We don’t want the other ingredients. Just my 2 cents worth. Nude nicotine really does have the best monk fruit extract I’ve ever tried. Doesn’t take much at all. No after taste and never burns or gunks the coil.

1 Like

@R113
Should be ok?
I’ve mixed with powders, Stevia, Erythritol, Sucralose and Citric acid for a while now with no problems?
In fact here’s one that is on the recipe side if you want to try out?

The trick is to make sure that the powder,is just that, powder, similar to talc. So the pestle and mortar comes in handy. Next you have to heat your base liquid, PG or VG, but no more than 40 deg.
Then mix,mix, mix!
Haven’t had any re crystallisation yet, touch wood!

2 Likes

Luckier than me. I don’t use sweeteners at all now but when I first started this craft I did. And failed making my own sweetener. Sounds like you have it under control. Good work!

2 Likes

I’m trying PURE monk fruit extract right now. It’s by 138 Foods. Having trouble tasting overall, but it seems very sweet. It’s a liquid. Not sure whether it’s vulnerable to mold. It’s far more concentrated than Nude’s. No VG or PG. I have Nude’s, too. I just need to find it.

3 Likes

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forum. I’ve been using LB’s sweetener since starting this DIY thing in December. I’ve got some from other manufacturers that I will be trying. Someone suggested marshmallow, and I’ve used on one batch, but it is still steeping.

1 Like