Purilum Tasting Notes

@MysticRose thank you for this post. It would be criminal to have lost them by deleting flavors from your stash. I hope @lars can figure out a way to accommodate your request.

3 Likes

Purilum Butter Pecan Praline Ice Cream went to one of my favorite flavors to one of the most disappointing. I initially picked up a 15ml to test and came up with a delicious recipe. I went back to reorder a bigger bottle but it was out of stock. Must have waited 2 or 3 months for it to come back in stock. When I got the 4oz bottle I was excited, ran out of the 15ml a long time ago and had friends who wanted more. The new BPPIC I got in was just not the same, same recipe but was completely different, all 3 of us just went ugh. Contact river supply to ask if PUR had changed the recipe or what was going on. They said they were not notified of a change and being the cool people they are sent me another 4oz in case the first was the wrong flavor. Nope, same flavor, just not the same as the initial 15ml tester I got.

Very disappointed with PUR on this flavor, have 8 oz that may just get tossed and a recipe that was a ADV for me down the toilet.

5 Likes

Sad to hear thatā€¦it was one of my favorites :frowning:

5 Likes

Yeah, it bums me out. I wish I still had some of my original to compare, the new one just tastes flat in comparison. OoO Butter Pecan Ice Cream seems promising, definitely smells better

4 Likes

I HATE that @mjag. Iā€™ve often wondered what vendors are or are not compelled to discuss. Minor compound change no, big compound change yes ??

Not sure. Either way, that does add pause to picking up a big bottle of a fav. :frowning:

4 Likes

@MysticRose, if by chance you do reorder, even a small one, because youā€™ve used the good one (Iā€™m assuming), can you report back ?

4 Likes

Was your original 15ml ordered before October 2019?

3 Likes

I was able to find when I ordered the sample bottle, April 11, 2019. It soon went out of stock after that, not sure exactly when.

3 Likes

Yeah, a heads up that it was changed would be the honorable thing to do. If I had known it changed I wouldnā€™t have ordered a 4oz bottle.

3 Likes

I checked this thread because I recently bought some Purilum (that I completely forgot about). So now Iā€™m wondering if many are different now? I have the Watermelon, Banana, Cappuccino Coffee, Caramel Coffee with Sweet Milk, Country Apple, NY Cheesecake, Nilla Wafer with Milk.

6 Likes

NY cc for me is more useful as a cream, not very cheesy but nice mouthfeel. Watermelon I seldom use, I simply have others I like better. My cousin loves the caramel coffee sweet milk, I add some Cap sweet cream to it is all for her. Their raspberry is a favorite of mine but doesnā€™t play well with other raspberries. Their meringue isnā€™t at all eggy so I prefer it to others. Have read good things about the country apple, especially for bakery mixes.

11 Likes

I like the Watermelon, not my favorite but good. I really like the Watermelon Cotton Candy from PUR but you gotta use it low or it will mute.

Caramel Coffee with Sweet Milk is good, not as good as VSO Espresso and not much caramel in it but gonna use it for a new recipe when the weather cools down.

Nilla Wafer with Milkā€¦yum, I donā€™t know how I missed that before, just got it a month or so ago when it went into the clearance section. Initial tests tell me it will get used a decent amount, it better, I bought a lot on clearance :laughing:

@Letitia I really like the PUR Meringue too, will be sad when I finally run out, I hope they bring it back.

@anon70102222 which Sweet Betsy flavor are you talking about? The Peach and Cookie are decent. Yeah, love me some Cocopilada, not the best flavor in the world but it just fits my flavor wheelhouse

8 Likes

Oh goody, thatā€™s a flavor in my RL wheelhouse.

5 Likes

Their country Apple is delicious! Itā€™s like a baked apple that didnā€™t get spiced at all, very much a cooked apple flavor. Most purilum flavors have a reputation as being weak, but most of the ones i have (cookie, country apple, marshmallow, butter mint) i use around 2% in a recipe, i think i solo tested country apple at 3%.

14 Likes

Lol I bought a 500ml of simply cake :stuck_out_tongue:
I didnā€™t trust nicotine river to maintain the purilium or nicotine river line especially after the REAL FLAVORS extracts, then PDO, then super concentrate then sorry were closing nonsense. Grrrrrr i am almost out of Real flavor chocolate chip cookie and it is absolutely essential to my cookie crisp cereal recipe :frowning:

8 Likes

I totally understand about not wanting to fall in love with stuff that you can only acquire from a single source.

Good to see you post bud!
Hope you and yours are doing well.

8 Likes

Is it true that Purilum have discontinued their Condensed Milk concentrate as Iā€™ve heard about this a couple of times now?

6 Likes

Is Purilum available to you? I think I have the Condensed Milk, have to check.

5 Likes

Just add some caramel to it and anything else you might like to enhance it. Itā€™s really not bad at all, just needs a little help, imo. VSO Espresso is a must for my coffee vapes.

6 Likes

Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s been discontinued by the mfg. River was the only US supplier of Purilum (that Iā€™ve seen), so before they stopped carrying it, I bought 4 oz. I still see it available on non-US sites, so depending on where you are, it still may be able for purchase.

7 Likes