Pyure - Testing What it does for Fruits and Harshness

I knew that was too high… but I kind of did it on purpose. I know these recipes so well, the minute I try it I’m going to know right away what it’s going to do and how much of it will be good for most.

2 Likes

… I put one drop in a 3.5 ml tank yesterday. Result was notable to say the least and it took two tanks to clear it through the coil.

2 Likes

OK so (and @Mofogger thanks so much)

…the time came to test the Stevia laden liquid. (I added 2% Pyure to a 6% Capella Chocolate Caramel Nut Liquid (Max VG)) I knew 2% was too much but I did it on purpose so I could get “whacked” in the head with what it was actually going to do to the flavors.

Here are my findings:

The throat hit is smoother, that worked like a charm.

The “Nut” part became nuttier.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The “Caramel” part was unchanged.:slight_smile:

The “Chocolate” part pretty much disappeared.:smirk:

Also at 2% (Just as I was warned, too high) it picked up a very strange new property of a wood smoke type overtone and dryness.

It’s not unpleasant, it’s just very different. (Doesn’t fit this profile) But I cant help wonder if this property could be used in a Tobacco or as a Smoked Caramel effect on Rum or Booze flavored vapes.

There’s my report on 2% added Pyure.

6 Likes

thanks for posting your findings

3 Likes

:heart:

Honestly need to thank everyone here. @Mofogger and @LordVapor were right about everything they both said about it (and a lot more things too)

I learn so much from the folks on this site and I’m grateful for every bit of it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

a couple of months ago, i made a 30ml test bottle of MF vanilla and MF fig. they were good and good together. however, i felt it lacked some vital sweetness to bring the combination to a level it deserved. i was not liking the idea of a sweetener and didnt rightly jump on a marshmallow or honey, though i bet the honey woulda been pretty nice in there.i set it back and kinda forgot about it. when my pyure came in, i immediately thought of that bottle. i put 6 drops into what looked like 25ml and the result was something pretty awesome. if i ever make another bottle, pyure will most def be an option, as will a further experiment including some honey to that combination.

3 Likes

Okay… Amazon Prime is pretty kewl, I just got a bottle of Pyure in at the hotel lol.
I do have a question about this product,n the top safety seal that you rip off and throw away to open the cap (the purple outside wrapper on the bottle) in fine print it says “Refrigerate after opening”. does anyone follow that rule?

2 Likes

I’m convinced… Pyure is a multipurpose additive. It not only sweetens, it also round out harsh flavors and make fruit pop. This may be best additive in my stash. Thanks everyone for the tip.

6 Likes

I really need to head to Walmart to pick some of this up.

1 Like

You know, everytime I go grocery shopping with my girl or find myself somewhere that may carry it, I always check. So far, I have only found the powder in-store, though.
I think the reason it makes fruit flavors pop, would be the Apple Cider Vinegar that is in it.

2 Likes

Same here, I finally ordered a bottle off of Amazon.

2 Likes

Just a heads up for anyone struggling to find or buy the Pyure sweetener.
This is my recipe to clone the Pyure.
Obviously you can play around with the percentages to get what you want but it is fine for me and works great!

7 Likes

Hello everybody :wink:

i have DIY expert - Stevia - its the same as Pyure? Ideas? Anyone?

1 Like

i believe the pyure pure stevia no additives is my understanding stevia has erythritol and other things which pyure doesnt

1 Like

this is it?

2 Likes

For members living within EU i have found this place to order Stevia from.
https://www.stevia-pura.de/Sweet-Drops-Liquid-SteviaLiquid-Stevia-Sweet-Drop-SweetenerStevia-Liquid-fluid-dulce-liquid-stevia-shop-stevia-liquidesteviapura

From what i can see it should be the same thing as Pyure just under another name.

2 Likes

That one has sodium benzoate in it it looks like. Not saying anything about it either way, just pointing it out.

The thing with Pyure is that it is stevia, water, citric acid, and apple cider vinegar. It does what it does with fruits because of those last two ingredients.

If you can’t get Pyure, you could probably make your own. I haven’t a clue what ratios to use, but maybe something like 10% or so (each?) of citric acid and ACV added to some liquid stevia. NOW foods has a stevia that is in glycerine and water with nothing else added that might work really well for making your own ‘pyure’. Either way, the best thing is to find some sort of stevia that doesn’t have anything other than stevia, water, glycerine and/or (maybe) alcohol. Or try to find a powder or tablet or something that is pure stevia without fillers like maltodextrin.

For UK, it looks like you guys can get NOW Foods Better Stevia Glycerite but it’s pricey, Astevia has only water and vitamin C (citric acid maybe?), and Via brand and Sweetleaf Sweetdrops both have water, vit c, and ‘natural flavors’.

2 Likes

this is it?

1 Like

Sorry bud, missed this. Yeah that is Pyure. The liquid one is what everyone is talking about.

1 Like

man I wish I could use stevia…made me very ill last year…like hospital ill …I’ll spare you the details but I’m too scared to use it now, gunky coils for me then :disappointed:

1 Like