Quality Control Fail

Not that I needed them, but I did chuckle at the screw up. It’s in really tiny print so I had to put it under a magnifier to figure out why I couldn’t read it. :grinning:

5 Likes

hold it in a mirror or look thru from the side without writing and you can read it LOL mine was the same way

3 Likes

!ɘǫnɒɿƚƨ yɿɘv ƨʞool ƚɒʜT

4 Likes

Get a magnifying mirror. Problem solved LOL

3 Likes

Give it to an 11 year old and file a lawsuit :wink:

3 Likes

Anyone know where II can get a mixer attachment like this for the Dremel? I would love something longer than what I’m using.

Maybe use something like this? It’s what they use to close up a turkey after it’s stuffed. like 10-15 of them for $1. Nice thing on the Badger is the head is small enough to fit in the neck of a 15 ml glass Boston Round.
Not sure these are small enough.

2 Likes

I think you can order just the rod on amazon

5 piece set

1 Like

Thank you @Big_Benny_MI and @wvsanta

I only mix in pyrex measuring cups. Not sure if these will work for use with a magnetic mixer which I plan to get or make, but in the meantime I’ll try to grab something from Harbor Freight or Lowe’s. Here’s what I’m mixing in. At $1.99 each at Big Lots I thought it was an awesome deal.

3 Likes

Cool I just use the 8oz mason jars we already use for canning jellies and jams in works great then I use a large syringe to fill my unicorn bottles

If I am making small batches I use the 15 and 30ml glass dropper bottles I get from the local vape shops for free and do the mix directly in the bottle

I’ve done what I can to eliminate the need for syringes. I hate those things. Used a 5ml with blunt tip needle for a long time. Now I put all my flavorings in 30ml dripper bottles. I have my pg and vg in ketchup bottles like you find at cheap restaurants. And my nic is in a 30 ml dripper as well. I haven’t quite got all my flavors moved over yet but getting close. So mixing by weight, just drip drip drip. Then when I get through mixing I use a little funnel that came with a whiskey flask. Works perfectly. Of course once I start mixing quantities for sale all that changes.

1 Like

I am sure it will but no plans to do that and I really only mix for myself and occasionally some for friends and family

mixing by weight also and have all dripper bottles for that as well but I had like 10 large syringes new when I got my scale so now they just do duty for transferring liquids

1 Like

Here are a couple of what I think are pharmaceutical lab beakers. It’s certainly not my area so I have no idea what the proper name is, nor what unit of measure is etched into them. I just think they’re cool. And with the pour spouts I can see them being useful some day but as of yet, just sits on my shelf.

1 Like

wow, those are interesting. As a glassblower with many friends that make scientific glass, I’ve never seen anything quite like those. Have you tried poring in liquids to see what the measuring marks are? ounces?

1 Like

Look like what we used to get Ice Cream Sundaes served in.

1 Like

I gotta agree with that, except usually those didnt have the spouts nor the markings on them. Gah… sorry for derailing. … um… Those instructions need some help…

1 Like

I gotta believe only so much can be said about backward printed instructions on a $20 item :slight_smile:

So I have not tried to make sense of the markings. Maybe I’ll get bored one day and check that out. But I do think once i get a real frother I may mix in the larger one and see how I like it. I do love the pour spout.

1 Like

Derail away. It’s more fun than the original topic.

2 Likes

@Big_Benny_MI This has been driving me nuts ever since @SthrnMixer posted this picture. I know I have seen these someplace before. I am going to have to agree with this being what I remember root beer floats and malts being served in at the local old time drug store when I was a kid. I could be wrong but they sure do look like it. In the case of the Malts they were served to the counter with a glass or 2 and you poured your own from the large one into the glasses that were shaped very similar but without the pour spout.