Question about N.E.T

When people refer to NET nicotine, what exactly does it stand for?

Naturally Extracted Tobacco :slight_smile:

1 Like

@JoJo Thank you! Somehow I knew you’d come to the rescue :wink:

1 Like

Oh, by the way @JoJo, is NET similar to WTA (whole tobacco alkaloid) e-juice?

That I am not sure about. I imagine that @Kinnikinnick would be the one to ask. :slight_smile:

We have a few threads on NET and I imagine it’s covered in there somewhere if it is anywhere.

2 Likes

NET = FLAVOR extraction from tobacco. It’s not really nicotine (not a substantial amount at least).

WTA = This is extracted nicotine, except ALL the alkaloid chemicals in the tobacco leaf are attempted to be extracted instead of just the nic

The first one is just for flavor, the second one is for folks who suspect they are addicted to something from tobacco that isn’t just the nicotine. NET is very DIY friendly, you can do it with filters, tobacco, PG, and a bit of elbow grease. WTA I guess can be done at home, but it basically involves college level chemistry, so I wouldn’t recommend it.

3 Likes

No questions are dumb on ELR; thus, I removed the dumb part of the thread title. :grinning:

@zigz gave you the Readers Digest version and it’s spot on. Here are a few good links to explain in detail the differences between WTA and NET. It really is too much to have to re-write in detail…thus, the links. :wink:

http://www.aromaejuice.com/WTA-FAQ-WTAFAQ.htm

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blog-entry/whole-tobacco-alkaloid-e-liquid.423/

I’ve never felt the need for WTA; lucky me. Others physically need it to help kick the real stinkies. I’ve produced NETs with great success and you can too. It’s easy…it just takes time and patience; letting the end product steep for months is best. :wink:

4 Likes

Thank you so much, @Kinnikinnick. I never cease to be amazed at the helpfulness and civility of this forum.

I was mostly just curious. I don’t plan on buying WTA anytime soon, mostly because it’s so expensive. And when I need that whole tobacco experience, I’ve got my snuff and my pipe tobacco. But it’s still a really interesting subject.

1 Like

You should try to give NET a go with some of your favorite pipe tobacco. You’d be surprised at the flavor you’ll get from a NET. I NET the RYO Peter Stokkebye London Export; what I smoked every day for 15 or more years before I quit prepackaged smokes. It’s good in a dripper; a wick change fairly often is the only downside. :pensive:

3 Likes

@Kinnikinnick This is fascinating. Although for now, I’ll probably just keep smoking my pipe now and then. But you have really piqued my interest in this whole NET thing. And just when I thought I had exhausted all the possibilities . . . .

2 Likes

I’ve read you can also do the exact same flavor extraction process with tea, if you like aromatic flavors in general.

1 Like

I wish I could remember where I saw it, so I could share a link, but I saw instructions on how to do it with vanilla beans as well. Some have done it with coffee also, with varying degrees of success. Coconut might be a good candidate, as well.

Those flavors will still be available, in the future, but it might be interesting to try.

I have to admit. I can see the tobacco flavorings I / we presently use, hitting that ‘tobacco product’ wall, in the future. Being able to do a NET extraction could come in handy.

2 Likes

This is on my wishlist…hey I could probably make flavorings with it too :smirk: