Questions from a returning vaper regarding flavor ban

I’m in the process of switching back to vaping from cigarettes and have been looking forward to doing so for quite some time. I have many flavors that I bought when I first started about a year-and-a-half ago and I just bought a new Vape device to start this journey once again.

As someone who gets utterly confused with this presidential administrations regulations laws and rules can someone clarify that what is going on is only about the sale of commercial flavored E juice? I have always made my own juice. So are we going to still be able to buy flavorings to DIY? Are we still going to be able to buy coils for our mods? Are we still going to be able to buy liquid nicotine and pg/vg online? Any clarification regarding this is greatly appreciated thank you. Just want to know if I need to stock up on all of my materials for diy and devices.

1 Like

Unfortunately, you probably know as much as the rest of us. The initial statements from the FDA are vague. I have found no reactions as of yet from concentrate makers or vendors. In Michigan now if you have more than three flavors in your possession, you are considered as intending to sell, e.g. a “drug dealer”. I don’t believe dyi supplies will dry up immediately. I think you will have to wait and watch as this whole mess plays itself out.

5 Likes

Flavors in possession as in concentrate food flavorings and diy mixes? Or commercially bought flavored E juice?

2 Likes

Im 99.9% sure what the FDA and the FED Govt are looking at is the finished eliquid ( commercial ) with flavors… There is no concern YET about Nicotine …

4 Likes

We don’t know yet. It has not been defined by the FDA. It has not been defined by Michigan decree yet either. A sure sign will be if vendors start noting “unable to ship to Michigan”.

3 Likes

I got you thanks for the replies. So we’re still going to be able to buy coils and equipment for vaping like normal right?

1 Like

Kinda. A lot of B&M’s will go out of business. Internet sales of hardware has not been threatened as long as they can survive without liquid sales.

2 Likes

Even though nothing is written in stone, it’s hard to believe they will ban all vaping. The focus is on flavored e-liquids which means liquids with tobacco flavors will still be able to be sold. I have nowhere seen any indication that they’re targeting vaping as a whole.
Of course, that doesn’t mean it won’t progress to that in the future. For now though, I wouldn’t be too worried about hardware and DIY supplies.
And of course, keep asking your politicians about their stance on vaping and as always, don’t vote for politicians who don’t care about your health.

2 Likes

See this related information about the federal agency rule making process:

Once FDA files their (proposed) rule(s), a public comment period will begin. Submit comments here:
https://www.fda.gov/regulatory-information/dockets-management/comment-proposed-regulations-and-submit-petitions

1 Like

DIY looks ok for the near future, I’m guessing 3-8 years until anything can happen. Nic will probably be the first sign of problems. As it stands right now the world is beginning to recognize the benefits of vaping over smoking. It would be hard to ban mods and atty’s.
Once they start to go after nic, I would start to stock up if I vaped nic.

3 Likes

This arrived via email a few hours ago.
https://us18.campaign-archive.com/?e=ee457e5af2&u=8de512f933120d56abccbe75e&id=cd408aecd5

4 Likes

I got that as well but it really doesn’t add much definition to the whole mess.

3 Likes

From what I can gather, the ban is aimed at finished products not components.

3 Likes

Might like to look at:

I made my call this morning after receiving the CASAA email. It takes a few seconds to say:
" Flavored vapor products saved your life; and, “We Vape, We Vote."
I would think that the message would get across if a low percentages of the 9 million US vapers took the time to call.
Also:

4 Likes