Questions regarding stainless steel wire

I’m about to take the plunge and purchase some SS wire. My questions come threefold:

1. 316L or 317L ?
  2. gauge relation in comparison to Kanthal.
  3. Preparation

I thought I saw a definitive thread about this somewhere, however I don’t seem to be able to find via search.

Thanks guys :smile:

2 Likes

I use 317L but I know others here are using 316… :smile:

1 Like

i’m a big fan of SS…i’ve only used 316l and it works for all my applications, including TC
i purchase all my SS and Ti from this guy:

great product, great service…promptly. with respect.

2 Likes

This is 316L composition

This is 317L composition

The biggest difference between 317L and 316L is the amount of Chromium and Molybdenum. 317L is said to be more corrosion resistant but for our purposes I doubt there is a big difference. I personally would go with the one with the least nickel content being I do not trust nickel…

Clean with wood grain alcohol or vodka, rum, ect…

As far as gauge relation I would think it best to compare with Steam Engine…

2 Likes

using 317l ss in tc no problems with it at all.@Whiterose0818 got me into ss and ive never looked back quick clean with some alcohol and your good to go. far better taste than kanthal.

1 Like

Got to get some 316l then. Mmm this shopping list just gets longer and longer …

1 Like

I’m using 26g 316L SS because I like to have about 5-6 wraps get me to around 0.3 - 0.4 ohms on a single coil build.

1 Like

Just ordered some 26g 316L. Thanks for the responses.

remember how much you’re saving not smokin

2 Likes

That’s true mate very true

1 Like

http://www.ebay.com/sch/wire-jumpring-depot/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

search the sellers site for other sizes

50mm approx 24g
40mm approx 26g
30mm approx 28g

Strange…the link didn’t work. Search ebay for " wire-jumpring-depot ".

Glad to know I’m not the only comedian around here! HA! :sunglasses:

1 Like

it was sarcastic… lol :grinning::grinning:

That’s what made it so funny! I’m sure we all had visions of money saved when we first started vaping. But next thing you know you’re rationalizing why you just have to get that new tank or dripper. Six months and $3000 later you think to yourself “once this mod gets here I won’t have to buy anything else ever.” Yeah, guy in the mirror, keep telling yourself that. :laughing:

3 Likes

I literally just said something to this effect to myself five minutes ago as I was going over my budget and realizing how much I’ve spent on vape stuff. It was something along the lines of “No more spending…for real this time.” :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Well get this Jo. If you don’t have a DNA200 mod, you’re not done. If you do, you’re still not done because you can always use another. I’ll tell you this Efusion and Aromamizer combo is killin it. Really get your money’s worth with these two things.

4 Likes

You are terrible!! I JUST got a TC mod that works right and a crown and now I’ve got to get a whole new setup. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I tell myself I’m going to school so I can get a good job and put my kid through college…the truth is I’m hoping to get a good job so I can buy all the vape things!

8 Likes

Telling myself…you don’t need anything till next year. Humm…don’t have a dna200 …aromamizer…or a coil master 521 and still need a milk frother

1 Like

I must admit I don’t think I’m done till I get one :wink: