Quick Discussion About Percentages

It’s ALL about experimentation for me…I play with StandAlone mixes that range from 6% to 20% flavoring …and I experiment with PG/VG ratios…and STEEP times and mixing procedures which include frothing…post mixing routines and such… Once I get a feel for a particular flavor, PG/VG ratios I prefer, and then can know how it will respond and work in mixes… I also mix recipes that are here, from mixers who I know here, respect and trust…and draw from their experience…and can also make adjustments to suit my tastes… I tried the use of enhancers and sweeteners and such, but that just masked the true nature of the flavors (for me)…and I ultimately lost a lot of time…so I went back to fundamentals…and even though have poured a fair amount of juice down the drain…I have hit on some juices that I could vape enjoyably while continuing to learn my flavors…

1 Like

Sorry if I missed it but what % were you using the sucrose sweetener?
If your in the US you can buy organic Liquid stevia (pyure) at wal-mart

@DanJM I’m guessing it’s just a mistake, but I want to make sure… Do you mean you’re using sucralose or are you actually using sucrose? Sucralose= artificial sweetener ( :thumbsup: ), sucrose= sugar ( :thumbsdown: ). You don’t want to vape sugar.

He is using Sweetener (TPA)

Ingredients:Propylene Glycol, Water, Sucralose.

1 Like

@DanJM

No way I can tell anything without vaping it, but at first glance, you have several flavors that most likely have sucralose in them, then you are adding sucralose to them.

Went back and re-read, missed that the first time around. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Never really paid attention, thought they were basically the same thing but yeah, it was TFA’s Sweetener.

I’ve been just increasing flavor percents without sweetener at all for now.

1 Like

Sweeteners affect me also, the glands in my throat will swell if too much is added to a mix. Before DIY I blamed a company for it’s Nic or tropical fruit mix. I’ve never had a reaction to any flavor… only sweetener & Cotton Candy.

I wonder what % is too much

Any SUCROSE is too much.

1 Like

Oh i mean the Sweetener (TFA) sorry
Ya I see I am adding to the confusion here any actual sugar should never be vaped, TFA Sweetener is Sucralose and is sugar free, If your using SUCROSE you need to never add any to your juice, and dispose of all juice you have made with that as an additive. at vaping temperatures Sugar converts to some nasty carcinogenic chemicals and should never be vaped.