RDA coil help

Very nice coils. I would not be able to get past the ramp up time on two 24awg wires in a dual fused Clapton.

It’s perfectly fine - I’ve done it many times. I just used the screwdriver or mandrel I used to wrap it on. Put that through the coil, hold it then grip one of the coil leads with needle nose pliers and pull. Easy peasy.

2 Likes

SS is hard for some mods to regulate due to low TCR. This is where Ti is better, well one of many IMHO. With SS you have chromium, it is bound, but it’s still there. With Ti, you have a VERY inert coil of pure metal.

Hey, if it’s too low, you’re too old. 0.054Ohms here.

1 Like

0.011 here…but heading closer to 0.007 just for the test on a G2…cross your fingers.

Is it necessary? Fuk no.

Nothing Ti beats a ‘Deep Water’ build.

1 Like

Trying to stay young ozo? If it works let me know, the build could lose a wrap for better spacing anyway.:laughing:

1 Like

Trying to stay alive…and mobile…these days. :smile_cat:

Thanks guys, I unwrapped a wrap at each end. Too easy. It’s not shorting anymore. SS mode is a bit odd. But I’ll play more to see what I can see see see.

2 Likes

Unfortunately they’re not answering today. I guess it’s just my rotten luck. I got my G2 today and went to update. Watched the update video first…very simple. But it never rebooted after update. Now it won’t turn on. So I never got to even try the damn thing. Oh well. I have an email in to Hohmtech and waiting on their reply. My guess is it’s bricked and I’ll need a replacement. And really that’s not too shabby as I’ve had a lot of equipment over time and this is the first time I’ve had a problem with a mod out of the gate.

Look at 11:55

https://youtu.be/tDS-jO8c_zU

http://hohmtech.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/How_to_Update_G2_v2.pdf

Thanks Rob, but I got the update installed - or so the updater said. I also chose “leave update” as instructed and then waited for the device to reboot. That’s the part that never happened. The screen just went dark and after several minutes I tried powering it on again. At this point it’s acting dead and I think the update may have failed or the file was corrupted. I did get the file direct from their website.

1 Like

That sucks tell them to give you a new one mine had the update so I never had to mess with it :astonished:

Did you push and hold the mode button after update ?

Nope. Wasn’t part of the instructions so I didn’t do that. Was I supposed to?

1 Like

No but try it now with it disconnected from your PC

I’ve tried everything. It’s dead as 3 o’clock. But there is a bright side. All my DNA200’s are still working! :laughing:

4 Likes

LOL that sucks well give them a call monday :confounded:

1 Like

It’s like when I won the Therion DNA 75 and the fire button sticks like mad the mod works good but the fire button sucks

Damn, suck city.

You probably did…but, did you take the batteries out for a few minutes [to re-boot] ?
Did you try another set of freshly charged batteries ?

I sure won’t try upgrading any of mine until we see what’s up with yours.

Merry Christmas anyway.

1 Like

Try it with 6 wraps. That would be my basic suggestion. I use 6 and get nice clouds and no complaints from the equipment. Cheers!
7 wraps mabye but I’d never go more than that. the middle is what gets hottest first and then glows outward, right? so the longer the coil the harder for the center to draw juice so you get dry hits. You have to balance size of hole with amount of wick with amount of continuous heat applied, so it’s tough to get the performance you need without understanding what and why.
I use an RX200, and a kennedy 25 which is very similar to what’s pictured above. I’ve got some fused claptons in right now and I run 6 wraps at around 65 watts and fog up the room in just a couple hits. Hope that helps.

2 Likes