RDA for easy flavor changes?

Okay so let me say I’m done with going out and buying every rig or tank or mod I see because someone says its good. (Gear fatigue, or gear contentment).
I have 3 mods that work well for me and 8 tanks.
The mods are geek vape legend, mini, and the smok priv.
Tanks are falcon, baby beast, Cerberus, etc.
Not the issue.
My flavors that all rate from nasty to about a 6 are steeped and coming around.
The problem is, I have way more flavors than tanks, and by the time a flavor bleeds through my coils it is at least contaminated by the previous flavor, at best tastes good but it isn’t the pure version of the flavor. I need to get through my SFTs and flavor mixes quickly to either adapt them or dump them down the drain.
To the point.
I’m willing to look at another piece of equipment to help me test my flavors, just a few drops at a time, and then switch to a different flavor to check it. And all my SFTs, I need to check them without being stuck with them for all day.
So, can I get an RDA that is easier than most to build? And can I put it on top of my typical sub-ohm mod and have it work seamlessly, and then place my ADV tank on my mod to go to work and have all the convenience of the whole baby beast tank concept?
There was one I saw by that weirdo that talks fast and wears a backwards baseball cap (oh, that narrows it down!), he says “mother chunker” a lot.
It has a mesh overhead coil and a spring loaded ceramic thing…
Let me get back to asking, as opposed to tripping over my wiener.
Is there an RDA that is easy and goes on my existing mods?
And am I right in thinking that I can go from one flavor to another and get an honest representation of the different flavors?

2 Likes

I use my goon for that, I just go through alot of cotton :smiley: Im not the most experienced though so someone else will probably have a better answer, my goon fits on my mods, you just pull the cap off its not tight at all and bobs your uncle, its the easiest of all the ones I have and probably the most solid

3 Likes

For the application you are describing I use an Oumier Wasp Nano, which is single coil, and just fill the inside of the coil with wick, no legs hanging down into the juice well, which allows me to flavour test in small doses.
You will get a few puffs and then just drip a bit more on the coil/cotton if you need to.
Once you have completed that test, just remove the small wick, dry burn the coil, wipe the RDA off, pop another small amount of wick in, just enough to fill the inside of the coil, and you’re good to go with the next flavour.
Good luck

5 Likes

No cotton needed

Some do it with a good fused clapton too

3 Likes

The volume sucks but this is how I do it

6 Likes

Another idea is to use a little mesh as wick

4 Likes

Using RDAs is a good way to test flavors. You may notice though that if you put the same juice in commercial tanks (drop-in coils), you have less or slightly different flavor. It’s the nature of the beast. Goon, wasp and others are known to be flavor bombs so you would taste your juice more nuanced than in your usual tanks.

4 Likes

Yeah, I have used various meaty builds with no wicking, but still prefer a small bit of wick in the coil.
Just my preference of course.

4 Likes

The good thing about DIY is that you can do exactly what you prefer. For me, it’s about making it myself as easy and fast as possible.
Having to rewick every time is a tedious and time consuming task, not to mention all the cotton I’m using that I don’t feel is absolutely necessary. It’s the same reason why I switched from syringes to using scales when mixing.

4 Likes

Get yourself a few of these: https://www.fasttech.com/p/9660408

They’re cheap and authentic, people say the flavour is great and they’d be easy to rewick with some shoelace cotton and some cheap 3mm coils.

4 Likes

https://www.fasttech.com/p/9658122

Here is the cotton

3 Likes

Might like to look at:
http://vape.deals/snapdragon-styled-rda-atomizer-10-74/

2 Likes