RDA for sample testing

I’m the same way…only about Starbucks products. LOL

1 Like

Get on that Velocity train! I bought a clone because the original is on back order. But if you can afford the 115.00 price tag from www.avidvaper.com you surely wont be dissapoint.

I agree with JoJo 100%. These are the two i would suggest. I own both ( Magma is authentic ) and I love them both.

1 Like

Opinions on tugboat attys for testing flavors?

Don’t have a tugboat, want one. I’d think any atty that you could access the build deck and wick would work fine for testing flavors. I don’t bother rewicking or anything, cuz I’m lazy, but if you’re so inclined you could between tests. I usually just vape it dry and drip a new flavor that is sort of similar. But, if you’re really wanting a clean test, put a new wick in between each flavor.

I usually test on what I vape on. I like testing the same way I vape. Whatever is most comfortable for you is the way ro go.

Tugboats are really nice attys, really nice. The Tugboat is a atty one would use for purposes other than testing. I will say when speaking of testing flavors I’m talking testing multiple flavors and that could differ from many of you. I am a firm believer in using the Magma for testing. Why, single coil with a deep well makes for a good test and ease of changing cotton to go on to the next flavor test. You must change cotton if you want a true and untainted test of flavor. I just have a thing about using all these great attys that should be build dual coil and turning them into test units…

When testing with a Magma vs a Tugboat would the flavor differ any? And if so would it be better or worse to test in a manor that’s intended for that flavors use? I tried using the Magma for testing my ejuice and it muted flavors vs testing them like I normally vape. So I wonder if you get full flavor when testing your flavorings with a Magma. I vape low ohms and medium to high watts with a slightly restricted air flow. But when I test with a Magma it’s opposite of how I intend on using each flavor.

There will always be exceptions to any rule. You are in your own way a lot like myself, a perfectionist. This is why you will take the time to rewick a dual coil for testing purposes of the unit you normally use for vaping. I do not vape subohm. I have COPD and can not. Truth be told it’s even hard for me to use the Magma built with a 1.4 ohm coil. It’s too much vapor for me. Is this the reason I chose the Magma? Partially but there’s more to it than that. With my testing I am not trying to please myself, I am trying to please the multitudes that come into my shop. I would estimate 70-80% of these people are tank users. That means it is impossible for me to test in a way that will please both. You just can’t spend for a new coil with every test and for the atty users, the flavor produced changes with everything from brandname to coil build, to even cotton type.

What all this boils down to is that perhaps when someone asks us what they should use for testing, perhaps we should be asking them a few questions to help them make a decision that will work for them and their purposes rather than what works for us. Questions like are you a tank or subohm tank user. Are you able to vape larger volumes of vapor, Do you like a lot of air or do you prefer restricted air? There are many variables that we just are not relaying to the noobies when they ask this question.

Perhaps the best way to answer a noobie is this, IF you are a tank user (non subohm) use a Magma built at around 1.8 ohms which will also allow you to restrict airflow to give you more of that tank feel.

If you use a dripper, test on your dripper. Just be sure to change out cotton when changing test flavors for a untainted true test.

If they use a subtank or RTA. I feel this will be even more tricky than trying to dupe normal tank use. I think I would recommend the Magma for them but I don’t feel there is a good comparsion no matter the direction you go…

There you have it more babbling which only proves we are all different and there’s that saying again, I’M HEARING A ECHO, Taste is Subjective…

I feel ya @ringling… That’s why I say test as you vape. It’s just not a one size fits all and that’s the point I try to get across. I bought the Magma to test with and it didn’t work out for me… but for most it will. I’m kinda far to the left when it comes to vaping.

1 Like

Can you try cloupor gt and lemo 2? I think this combination is the best. Maybe you can try

The Cloupor looks good… the Lemo 2 mutes a lot of flavor. Some like it though.

Or you can try hydra?

I’ve been using the Lemo 2 for a couple of weeks now and enjoy it, I have been having a wicking problem for the last week or so though. It only wants to wick from one side of the tank. Tried a couple different wick setups but it still only wants to release “bubbles from one side”. I even cut the cover of the tank slightly where the channels go up to the deck.

It just doesn’t work for me. I think it’s the single coil set up. I’ve tried several builds and for me it’s lacking flavor. I personally don’t recommend it. I have seven other brands and it’s my least favorite. Some people like it though.

Since this post, ive gotten several kanger subtank minis with rbas and i absolutely love them!! I use as my daily vape and just rewick for flavor testing. I dont sub ohm so this is perfect for me. Anyone else using these tanks here?

1 Like

Just received one of these -

Spaced coil 6 wraps 2.5mm (all I could squeeze in) 26G (for sturdiness) SS316L 0.37 Ohms, loose’ish cotton cut just past the coil ends, 22.5W 175C/350F (so cotton doesn’t even darken) and it tastes as good as my Bellus and Ubertoot UTA2 with supra-ohm twisted spaced coils. Gets about 10 puffs just wetting the wick.

Oh, and I had to enlarge the air hole to 1/64" - did it by hand. Took longer to get the drills out and put them away than it did to drill the hole.

And I can’t complain about the price :slight_smile:

1 Like