RDA for sample testing

Right? How crazy is that? I never imagined anything like this to be honest. My phone is the most powerful computer in my house and we have 12 running at all times. Quad core 2.7Ghz, 3gb ram and 32gb storage. If only little 12 year old me had this thing, i would have been so l33t back then!

1 Like

I donā€™t use a rda to test flavors anymore. I taste my juice on my finger tip. I find that if it tastes good then it vape good. IMO tasting flavors to early is not always a good representation of the post steep flavor. I let them develop at least 2wks before I test vape and then I use whatever rda Iā€™m currently using. I donā€™t see the point in testing on one rda and vaping on a different one. The airflow on the Magma is so restricted that itā€™s useless for me. I test flavors just as I vape daily.

Intel I7 8 Core 3.4 GHz Processoer - 16 Gigz Ram - 3.5 TB storage onboard 7TB Portable - 65Inch 3D Display

1 Like

Those are my phone specs, the fastest computer we have is my wifes, yeah she got a new one the poopie face, laptop. 2Ghz Quad core AMD A8 series with a 1TB HD, 6gb ram and a R5 GPU.

My fastest is an i5 2.6Ghz dual core with 8gb ram and 1TB drive. All my storage is in my FreeNAS servers, 30TB online with 12TB backups that are offline and in stored in a fire safe.

I have so much storage because i have the entirety of Gopher Web, one of the early versions of the internet, backed up along with thousands of websites. Examples:
Project Gutenberg
All of Geocities that were archived
An old local dialup service from the early days that was located in my town
And a couple decades of Usenet posts

Not to mention all of the multimedia on the network, movies, music, tv, cartoons, ebooks, audio books, 80s pr0n (hehe), etc. A great way to collect this kind of stuff is to go to your local library and check out disks, rip them and bring them back. Ive probably ripped 2TB worth of music just from the library. Most of it is 320VBR Mp3ā€™s.

I have secure FTP access for some of it and have given out some logins to people over the years. Some of my oldest stuff on the network has been on here since the mid 90ā€™s, obviously it needs to be updated but nostalgia and all that, hehe.

Drinking the liquid, the way you do, is a great way to test the liquids. I mean its the way i test the individual flavorings, 1 drop per shot glass of water.

you have a hard time keepin it serious. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I found it to be the easiest and best for me. With the set up Iā€™m currently using I get the majority of that flavor when I vape.

I need to adapt this method and learn my flavors. Thanks for the info.

Iā€™m a movie and music buff myselfā€¦ I need this storage myself because I have close 2000 movies and over 20000 mp3s. I back them up to my other setup in the bedroom.

1 Like

Hehe, yeah. But honesty and all. Seriously tho the library is an awesome place to get free video and music. Of course there are torrent sites and the usenet binaries but private trackers seem to be the best route now as usenet servers get DMCAā€™d so quickly now. If you are into torrents or are thinking about it let me know. I have a couple invites for a pretty decent private tracker. The best private trackers im involved in are nearly impossible to get invites for, even for someone like me who has transferred a couple 100TB.

I was just reading your thread on flavor chasing, excellent read and great advice for n00bs and those who have been vaping for a few years. I wish i would have not hand written all my tasting notes but hand writing them is the only way i can remember then, id love to share them all. I forget almost everything i type anymore. Writing helps to move things from temp memory to permanent storage areaā€™s in the brain. Since i have spent the majority of my life beating the crap out of my short term memory writing is the only way i remember anything anymore.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been on torrent sites for about 8 years. My nickname is the DVD man. Thatā€™s why I need all that storage.

1 Like

Ahh, cool. I didnt know that. I remember alpha testing the platform back in IRC. Before that i used the newsgroups and IRC for all my downloading.

Im on
BTN
PTP
TorrentDay
Cinemageddon
and myanonamouse

I just got into torrents around 3 years ago, thats around the time the newsgroups starting getting hit with DMCAā€™s to the point that you couldnt even grab your favorite TV. So sad, nothing was faster the usenet with one of the main providers, Astraweb, Newshosting, UsenetSever, Easynews, etc. I miss those days except for par/rar files.

Iā€™m on IPTorrentsā€¦ I got a few invites. IM me your email and I will give you an invite.

1 Like

It is very common for people to more easily remember something they write down more so than something received in other methods (Reading, Audio, Ect). I have been that way all my life, not just with age. Bet this is actually the case with youā€¦

1 Like

tday is owned by the same fella, Microsoft is his user name. Thank you tho

Thanks to IPtorrents we all got to see the first 4 eps of Game of Thrones weeks before they even aired. Love the prerelease stuff, hehe.

@ringling You calling me old? ROFL j/k. I think i remember hearing this in a psychology class i took a couple years ago. I cant wait for an organic USB style connection direct to by THC addled brain!

2 Likes

If you wrote a BBS in Basic, there is no need for me to call you oldā€¦lol

1 Like

Iā€™ve narrowed down dripper choices down to the Velocity and the Magma (not the V2). Any last minute opinions before I FastTech one or the other?
btw my first ā€œrealā€ puter as 8mhz but had a turbo switch that made it 16 mhz lol

1 Like

Get the Magma for the testing, however, get the Velocity also. Itā€™s a great dripper, easy to build, and youā€™ll love it. The Magma costs next to nothing so why notā€¦

Your right @ringling I went and ordered both. Looks like my Lemo 2 should be here either Sat or on Mondayā€¦ toys toys and more toysā€¦

1 Like

LOL, that and the gray in my beard.

Id love to converse more but the system has told me to STFU, again. I thought it was funny, at firstā€¦

I guess ill be back after vacation unless i can find a decent connection where im going.

1 Like

I have all 5 seasons. Iā€™m gonna start watching this for the second time this weekend. I think its the best TV series Iā€™ve seenā€¦ it and Orange is the New Blackā€¦ Crazy Stuff!

1 Like

Both great shows! Babylon 5 is still my all time favroite show but GoT is a very very close second. Weā€™ll see how it ends, HBO sucks at ending shows, Deadwood for example. Incredible show that just ended and was replaced by John in Cincinnati, absolutely horrible show. Then their was The Sopranoā€™s, another great show with a terrible ending. Use my imagination they said but that isnt what i watch TV for.

3 Likes

I keep waiting for it to ding me. Iā€™m surprised it hasnā€™t happened yet. Enjoy your vacation. Canā€™t wait to hear all about it and see pics. Iā€™ll be afk till Sunday night or Monday morning as well. Going to NoInternetsville for the 4th to hang with family. :smile:

2 Likes

Nointernetsville, hehehe. Have a safe and happy 4rth, all of you. Ill be as close to heaven as they allow us soulless gingers to get.

4 Likes

Ken_O . To you and yours, Have fun, be safe, and happy landings

1 Like